Thursday, September 22, 2016

Autumn List


 photo utumninhome007.jpg



"In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, 
bringing us the fruition of months of thought and care and toil. 
And at no season, safe perhaps in Daffodil time, do we get such 

superb colour effects as from August to November."

- Rose G. Kingsley, The Autumn Garden


 photo 20151022_170858_HDR_zpscxnj2bp4.jpg

Looking out my window  I am thinking  about all the autumns  I have  enjoyed since I began blogging... It is  so cool to have   the seasons  archived.. for me on photo bucket...  so I have the seasons at my fingertips.
 photo IMG_5559_zpstilob1xh.jpg
I remember this taken a couple of years ago..  I loved that  blue-green pumpkin.... I saw one yesterday at Food Lion...  photo IMG_5556_zpspaohntpi.jpg 
shucks. I should have gotten it then... And I   also see my holiday tree needs  attention!
 The sideboard   will be decidedly more dramatic  when I  haul out my gingko leaves I purchased at Pottery Barn last year..  I love those....
 photo IMG_5557_zpsndskxvz1.jpg
I must say I love the drama of fall!!!
 photo IMG_5552_zpslre5hgvp.jpg

 photo IMG_5545_zpsh6lsrwze.jpg
I am reminded when the darling young man who installed our  shutters   walked through the  house he said, ' Wow, you sure do like to decorate"  To this day I dont really  know  what exactly he meant by it,  but   so what.. I do!!!And that wasnt even during the  glamorous allure of autumn..  just the dog days of summer!  Hahahaha!!! OH, yes, I'm ready to  deck the halls for ...Fall!!!SO I now have a detailed list   for the next couple of days!!! 1. Pick out a  colorful pumpkin
2.  Autumnize the holiday tree in the doorway
3. Rummage through the  autumn   bins downstairs and   haul out  stunning leaves to  highlight  the rooms with  golden glory!
4.  Time to  put the blue  china away and bring out the  black transferware... I love that for Autumn.....

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post and what an amazing view through the window. Gorgeous! Love that way you have decorated for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks.. today I did a bit of shopping the sale for Pier One and picked up a couple of new items to incorporate into tablescapes... and then went throiugh the autumn tubs in the store room gleaning all the leaves and flowers .. so much fun to start the assembly..It is actually back to high 80's here so I will prob wait til Sunday afternoon to really start compiling.... by then the temps will moderate and seem more autumnal! Loving this time of year!!! Check back next week... heheheh

      Delete
  2. Your decor and dining room is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~