Monday, September 19, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book

Image result for autumn clipart images


For Today...September 19, 2016
Outside my window...
AW!!!!!!!!!  we had a  heavy rain last night.. and it is cool and  cloudy today...  I am loving it!


I am thinking...
I really need to  get my mind wrapped around    doing some  post season  reorganizing this week...clothes-wise,.  closet-wise,  and    start thinking  holidays  because this year they come early for us!!!
Image result for autumn clipart images

I am thankful...
 my dearest Hubs....  I  really don't  know what I'd do without him, yet there are so many friends  who do just that...  and  I know that they find  solace in the  presence and husbandry of Christ...   I suppose that is something we can't understand until  it happens to us...May it never be,  dear Lord!

I am wearing...
my summer weight flannel pj's and  large boy friend shirt over  them...  super casual  and comfy!

I am creating...
a weekly food/menu chart ... I really need to be much more organized in that area...ha I didn't even get started on this last week, like I intended.. oh well, the best of intentions  often go 
unattained!
But as I wrote on last week about  getting my ldl in line  I have been  buying items just for that and    I  found the smoked salmon which I actually very tasty.. I just don't want it more than once a week at most...so I also need to find a   fillet of some kind  that I really like  maybe  orange roughy...  need  some recipes..  a most this week!

Image result for autumn clipart imagesImage result for autumn clipart images
I am wondering...
that if I really apply myself I might lose about 10 more pounds  between now and  Thanksgiving  when we see our children again..  That should be a great gift I give myself..I had an offer from a well meaning friend to give me her fat clothes yesterday... I told her I am trying to  trim down my own closet...  but  yikes...  those are the last things I need!

I am reading...
II Timothy
Jesus Calling  Devotional 

and my latest new series from our church library  .. I love them!!!!
I actually read  The Convenient Groom first and  fell in love with these  fabulous allegories...

Image result Image result  Image result  Image result
Our author, Denise Hunter has taken the following scripture"

Zephaniah 3:17


The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.

He will take great delight in you;

in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”


Then she has written allegories  that highlight   each section of the verse
...  understanding how  Jesus is the lover of our soul and the church is His bride...    each of these books takes a section of the above verse and creates  a  romantic tale of finding a true love that exhibits  much the same kind of  qualities that  we  find in our  Lord...  In the Convenient Groom..  it was  about a kind and loving friend  who saves  our heroine  from great humiliation and loss.. how he too  sacrifices himself  in the probability that things will not  turn out  in his favor but he gives himself  for  the  woman he loves with all his heart  with little hope of  returned  feelings...  our  damsel  must learn  a lot about  humility    before she can see what she had and almost lost! I cant wait to  get into  book one and   read on!!!!

Image result for autumn clipart images

I am learning...
to  try to make the most of each  realm of my  existence each day..
  physical...  mental...  spiritual!

I am hoping...
to  get the opportunity to catch up some more with  my long lost friend Vickie and her husband, Bill.  We had such a great time last month  meeting for a three hour lunch in a  town  half way between  us both..  life sometimes  gets so hectic...  we  miss  times of  togetherness that we so  dearly need!

In my garden...
Just last night hubs was mentioning just how very dry  our lawn  was  so many  actually bald patches  the ground so hard and rocky.... Ive lost  one hydrangea and  my  one paniculata  that I purchased in the  early summer is  still   going,  but  I so hope this  deep soaking rain  went a long way to  replenish  it... Hubs tells me  he just simply will not  plant another meaningful  shrub or tree, or whatever, unless it is fall...  if we have to buy it in spring and hold it over so be it... I really  would like to  get another  limelight  hydrangea to  replace the one the deer  ate down to the ground
  30 bucks gone in a twinklin! 
 ( And I don't mean,  the antlered kind) 
We saw  limelights  growing all over Amanda's area in Massachusetts so I know they can make it...  I just have to try harder!!!
Image result for autumn clipart images
In my kitchen...
Hubs made our  delish breakfast this morning..  he used up  an older  loaf of bread to make  french toast and  a piece of  country sausage each..  umm. tasted so good!!!!  Surely, I don't have to cook after such a hearty  meal! PTL!   I  remember I do have  some of that vegetarian  pizziaola sauce left over from last week that I shared the recipe for here.... All I need is  some  noodles and  chess and  whallah!   An Italian  casserole...  yum!  Such a great idea to always make much more than you need at once...  and  I have to say I bought the real Italian  sauces and crushed tomatoes for this sauce,  those, along with  fresh herbs...( well, I was making it for a  good friend)..  the large  cans  and they truly made a huge difference in the flavor!!!

Image result for autumn clipart images
A favorite quote/scripture for today...

Psalm 1:1-3

Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.

Image result for autumn clipart images


          A peek into one of my days... 
Image result for prayer meeting images
Yesterday afternoon hubs and I were privileged to attend a community prayer meeting  where several  pastors from our city  had gotten together to pray and  now  offered  the opportunity for their  congregations to come together in unity to pray for  our families, churches,  locality, and state, nation, and the world... it was a  refreshing and  wonderful  experience.  We had several different denominations  present.. I  think God  must have been well pleased to see us  joined in unity  offering our  confessions,  repentance, and petitions  together.  The praise was   sweet, and so very  meaningful!  We  will be having monthly gatherings  for a time...  I hope  for all time....  

Image result for prayer meeting images

From the board room... Pinned from my board...
need  a  fantastic dessert for a meeting group .. you don't want to eat this all by yourself..

Caramel Apple Pecan Dump Cake

"An easy to make, delicious cake that has only 4 ingredients. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.":
Post Script
Image result for autumn is coming

3 comments:

  1. Lots of food for thought! Enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love this fall daybook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it after it rains too and then it is cool and cloudy ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~