Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge





TO return to Joyce's page click the icon!




1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the 'coolest' American desert towns as-

Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ


Have you been to any of these? Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?

I would have to say no to all of the above... born and raised  near the east coast  in the mountains.. more attuned to country living than anything else... I am perfectly satisfied living right here~ I need lots of  fresh cool air, lush vegetation...  expansive views of  moving water  and   purple mountians majesty  about me!

2. What's a plan or project you've deserted in the past year? 
I hate to admit this yet again...  but Hubs bought me a great sewing machine for our anniversary in March and it is still in the box.  Yet I have fabric and plans to  make gifts for my grandchldren
  Bad  Granny!!


3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling. 
Phonetically opposite!

4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house...which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain. 
Not a dry eye in the house....  goodness me!!!  Last Friday night  at the Cry Out Women's Conference Simulcast 
 Joni  Earickson Tada
Photo courtesy of Joni Eareckson Tada


spoke so passionately on   confession and repentance...  she knocked it out of the ballpark bringing up areas in  women's lives they  just dont think  about that may be   a guiding motivation or  a hidden  sin.  She spoke for  about 20 minutes  and  she was  wailing even with her arms to  God to have mercy.  But  what was   so  amazing  was  that after about ten minutes   you could see her  chest heaving  as  she  was  probably struggling  for  the deepest breaths she could muster,  but  she was not deterred..  She was  truly caught up in the spirit in her  prayer  before God  and  I know  from my own response that  thousands of women all over the world at that moment were  weeping...in not only   confession and  the desire to  coming before God  in repentance,  but also  in deep  communion  with and for our precious sister  whose love and  commitment before God on our behalf was so awesome...

I know  we will never forget it... 

5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch? 
Hubs stopped  having laundering done after the military when he had his   uniform so starched  when he took it off he could stand it up in the corner..

Only during the winter season   do we take woolens  preseason and post season, generally.

6. What's a food or beverage you enjoy that's named for a place? 
My  partner in crime  while teaching used to bring these to teacher  staff meetings  ...  easy to make and  most ingredients readily available.. and very tasty...

SOUTH CAROLINA CHEWS 
Printed from COOKS.COM 
1 lb. light brown sugar 
1 1/2 c. plain flour
 1 stick butter 
1 tsp. vanilla 
1 c. chopped pecans
 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
 3 eggs 
1/2 tsp. salt
 Blend sugar, butter, and eggs, vanilla, add dry ingredients and nuts. Bake in greased 9 x 13 inch pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and cut in squares. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

7. Do you need solitude? 
I could live here on the Isle of Skye;;;
Image result for highlands of scotland
I was drawn to this area of Ireland  in Donegal.
Image result for fintown ireland
I  long for  the remote...  born an only child... I am perfectly content being set apart. as long  as I have  my Savior and thee,  Hubs!
Not very social is it...  but there it is, my heart!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Image result for fintown ireland
Really, last year on our trip  around Ireland  when our bus rounded the bend and this came into view something grabbed me..it was like coming home.  I was pulled  right into the scene and  all the way through that area along the Fin River I imagined living there, and  oh how, I longed for it to be true.. The town of Fintown isnt much, I must say,  so  the  next  town of consequence is Letterkenny...  where I found a grocer and  a gas station...   I mean I was  ready to dive right in.. 
I could still  make a go of it.. this home is on the market.. 
Photo: Meenagolan, Fintown,Donegal,Fintown, Donegal,
Donegal
it  has an aga  which suits me to a tee...  but I  must say that frig is a nightmare..  I started out with one just like it  when we lived  our first year of marriage in Germany. I suppose I could get used to that again.  (UUUH)
But the view... there it is!
All we'd would need would be a few sheep  and we're set! If you dont  know it.. Im smiling so contentedly!

1 comment:

  1. I love Ireland too, so lush and green. I could see myself living there with my sweetie. the photos are lovely!
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~