Thursday, December 15, 2016

Blogmas Day 13, 14, 15


I am delighted to see that my Friend Sandra from the blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom is doing the Blogmas of Christmas this season. You can check her out here and come play along!

Day 13 - Christmas Cards
(do you send them, show us your favorites this year, or tells your favorite cards to send whether vintage, or bright and colorful)

I do send  cards...  I always look for  beautiful traditional or old fashioned looking ones that tell a story...and  nativity cards...  and they must say Merry Christmas on them.... no Happy Holidays for me.
No automatic alt text available.

Day 14 - Advent Calendar

I used to do an advent calendar  when Amanda was young...The first one I ever bought was a  candy one  in Germany  in 1972

  when we were living there in  Mannheim...being away from home  for the first time...except for college...  just married  and first Christmas together...  the Advent calendar  was a  fun  way to look forward to our  special Christmas...  I know Amanda  loved it  that first year.. but after, that it sort of lost it's charm.



Day 15 - Christmas Party Food Ideas
A few

CRAB PUPPIES

Ingredients
1 lb. Crabmeat
1 Egg, beaten
1 cup Ritz Crackers, crushed
1 tsp. Yellow Mustard
2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

Place crabmeat in a mixing bowl, picking any stray shell fragments out. Add crushed crackers, Old Bay Seasoning & parsley to the crab. In a separate bowl, combine egg, mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Whip with a whisk until smooth. Pour egg mixture over the crabmeat and crackers and gently mix careful not to break up large lumps of crabmeat. Mold into golfball sized balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Drizzle w/ melted butter and allow to cool.


I use sliced deli country ham from Fresh Market and regular rolls but the Hawaiian rolls would be delish.


I just all types of nuts and usually add twice as much worcestershire.. I sprinkle some on as I mix it up every 15 minutes

Brandied Fruit
stew up  as you like it
Stick cinnamon plus a shake of cinnamon and nutmeg
4 cored and sliced lady apples and 4 pears
 halve some dried apricots
Orange juice and Brandy
Lemons zest

1 comment:

  1. I made the brandied fruit for our brunch last Friday.-- HUGE hit-- even with the 2 year old!!

    I need to make more chex!
    kisses,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~