Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Wednesday HodgePodge


Click the icon to return to  Joyce's page!

1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list? 
Since we have already celebrated with our immediate family.. actually in November...I have been doing a bit of last minute  decorating.. at first I didn't think I'd do too much but as  time  nears  I just seem to desire to  deck 'em halls!! I have  two dinner parties planned with folks who  don't have much going on...  and I  want our time together to be special... I have the menu planned and the  larder stocked...  just  thinking about how to make it merry!
Finished the small tree in the parlor   and  brought  in the  poinsettia!



Decorated the hutch 
with my new carollers and  English tea pot!!
Worked in the sunroom..
finished the tree there...

 Used my  snow blue  mercury glass  with  some  snowy scenes!
 This way when I change the table to snow themes  Im all set...


2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favorite thing about winter? 
I love the  slow  season of winter...  time to  actually curl up with a good book and a cup of coffee  and relax by a  warm fire, dream, and  heal if healing is necessary... someitmes my spirit needs a recharge for sure!!!

3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not. 
I am a kid at Christmas..  I confess there is a  mood or  a  ideal of Christmas  I am always trying to emulate during this season...  a compilation of the wonderful Christmases of old... Sometimes I can...  other times I  can  come to  the  day and feel  an odd emptiness. Truly I believe it has more to do with  not trying as hard and  making sure  I have time to  contemplate around the tree  with  music, singing , and  loving..

4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016? 
God is in control and trust Him for every outcome!!!

5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings? 
We  already had our shrimp last week at the  banquet at our church...I am very  choosy about my  shrimp.. it must be Gulf wild caught or I want nothing to do with it  so it is difficult to  buy it  at a restaurant unless Im in Boston and I know it was  north atAtalntic wild caught.  I love it boiled  and  to peel my own  with  sauce.

6. What sound lulls you to sleep? 
the sea, the wind...  a babbling brook..rain,  anything God  provides in His nature!

7. What one word best describes your 2016? 
fulfilled

8. Insert your own random thought here.

christmas card greetings

3 comments:

  1. Your decorations look lovely. Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parlour is just the way I'd want mine decorated if I had one. I like your festive header photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. read this, especially since we chatted about #3 this morning. it was great food for thought. thanks! love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~