Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list?
Since we have already celebrated with our immediate family.. actually in November...I have been doing a bit of last minute decorating.. at first I didn't think I'd do too much but as time nears I just seem to desire to deck 'em halls!! I have two dinner parties planned with folks who don't have much going on... and I want our time together to be special... I have the menu planned and the larder stocked... just thinking about how to make it merry!
Decorated the hutch
with my new carollers and English tea pot!!
Worked in the sunroom..
finished the tree there...
2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favorite thing about winter?
I love the slow season of winter... time to actually curl up with a good book and a cup of coffee and relax by a warm fire, dream, and heal if healing is necessary... someitmes my spirit needs a recharge for sure!!!
3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not.
I am a kid at Christmas.. I confess there is a mood or a ideal of Christmas I am always trying to emulate during this season... a compilation of the wonderful Christmases of old... Sometimes I can... other times I can come to the day and feel an odd emptiness. Truly I believe it has more to do with not trying as hard and making sure I have time to contemplate around the tree with music, singing , and loving..
4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016?
God is in control and trust Him for every outcome!!!
5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings?
We already had our shrimp last week at the banquet at our church...I am very choosy about my shrimp.. it must be Gulf wild caught or I want nothing to do with it so it is difficult to buy it at a restaurant unless Im in Boston and I know it was north atAtalntic wild caught. I love it boiled and to peel my own with sauce.
6. What sound lulls you to sleep?
the sea, the wind... a babbling brook..rain, anything God provides in His nature!
7. What one word best describes your 2016?
8. Insert your own random thought here.