Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hodge Podge Wednesday





Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!



1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?



I guess I am a 6  on that scale...  I love to decorate,  and sometimes I do go overboard...  funny, my daughter told me last night,  "Oh, mom,  I love how  simple  your decorations are this year."..

That is a huge difference in us....  I just  feel like , "Man,  I'm not nearly done yet!"

I suppose my favorite  thing to decorate is the mantel  and it is very simple.... so far.. hehehehe
Other years:
Angels
 photo Christmas2009203.jpg

 photo Christmas2009051.jpg

The year the  Fox family joined us!!!
 photo CHristmas2010082.jpg
 photo CHristmas2010079.jpg
Winter Village
 photo CHristmas2010085.jpg
 photo CHristmas2010086.jpg

 photo CHristmas2010115.jpg
You  get the idea~~  yes, some years I change it around a couple times during the season!!

2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!
I am so sad to say  I have  lost my nativity scene...I had it  at church a few years ago in my  children's Sunday School class and alas, I never made it home with it...  I pray someone  gets a blessing from it... I was looking at them online this morning actually...  and  the nicer ones are so expensive....  I don't know..  Last year  I made one  with my 2 year old  grand doll out of  foam art..  Loved it  and she does too.  It is on  her  kitchen doorway  garland.

3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so, are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
I do not...  we barely know our neighbors names..  I  had a couple of very good friends who lived nearby, but they  both have moved away... my favorite  thing is  neighborhood progressive parties...  we  did it once  long ago when Amanda was small...  was  wonderful... Our Sunday School class used to do it.. but our class has  grown so much it is  impossible.

4. As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?
These are the best years of our lives....  Hubs and I being both retired is  a dream come true!!!

5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
AS I said,... being retired  one day spills into another...  was it Monday yesterday...  I didn't have a care in the world!!! Besides.. Monday is a great blogging day!!!

6. Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?
I love poinsettias!!  I just bought  2 red ones... I'll photo  a bit later..


7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.

Lyrics from  my favorite   "White Christmas"
Snow
It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow
Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow
Where it's snowing 
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh
Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow
What is Christmas with no snow
No white…



8. Insert your own random thought here.
The kid in me longs for a white Christmas every year!!!!!!!!
 photo Christmas2009103.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Retirement sure can be sweet. Glad that you are enjoying yours! Your decor looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind compliment..I love Christmas so much.....I feel so close to my mom when I am decorating... she also loved the season!!!Some of my favorite memories were of she and I working on Christmas projects!

      Delete
  2. I miss my mantle. We had one in our CA house, where we did not need a fireplace and none here in MO where would love and need a fireplace.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~