Friday, January 13, 2017

A Wintry Table



Transitioning  away from  Christmas  decor has always been  difficult for me.... I dont know if it  had something to do with  me teaching and dreading the holidays being over or what,  so  in retirement I enjoy just  gradually removing the  strictly Christmas items and replacing them with  wintry  decor and it helps  so much to keep the  festive colors  alive around the house.
so away go the Christmas tree plates
 and out come the  red transferware..  along with the tree plates, the  Christmas   linenes  disappear, and  the  red and white  ones  arrive...  I made this  runner  from fabric I found on sale in the fall..  I love the  snowflake pattern...   Just the  background for  my  snow items for the table..flakes,  snowballs and snowmen  aplenty!
 The   clutch of  greenery  in the vase  gets   is refreshed with several snowfalke picks...
 The Christmas tree is down,  but the  seasonal tree  continues to glisten with snowflakes  all around..
 Because I  have a couple of  postponed dinner parties  to  still  prepare this month,  I am keeping the  hutch lights glowing    just because it is so festive...  and  again...  winter greenery  suits  the  atmosphere..
 When I   created this  table  we had 6 inches of snow on the ground.. alas, three days later,   we have none,   but I will  still enjoy my  snowmen...


Mainly because they bring to mind happy memories of my  precious granddaughter in New England who at three years of age  loves the snow so much!!!


5 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful...red and white are my Christmas colors...but I also use them all year long...especially wintertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun table setting. The snowmen are perfect all winter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand about that transition. When I take down my Christmas decorations, I usually leave one of my small trees up and change it to red and pink heart ornaments with some snowflakes here and there. Your table looks great!

    Stop by when you get a chance!
    Blessings from Chippy White Cottage,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute table. I love red and white transferware. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it all looks beautiful, Carolyn. I always feel a bit sad to see the Christmas decorations go, too.

    Happy Pink Saturday. I am so glad you joined us. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday this week as "the one that caught my eye".♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~