Click the icon to return to Joyce's page.
1."The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently?
Well, it has been 10 years since I was by the sea, so I'd be pretty pent up in that time... tears come easily for me... especially now that both my parents have passed and I think of them often.. but when I'm mad and upset over something I can get a lot of housework done in my frustration.. I take it out on the dirt and mess!!!
2. What's something you can't eat without salt? Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all?
I agree wholeheartedly with Joyce...I definitely need salt on mashed potatoes and rice... as well as fresh tomatoes,, but I probably season food rather liberally.. I think that may have something to do with the cooking shows that generally expect liberal seasoning...
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now?
My Hubs and I were just commenting on how fast time is flying by... It was just Wednesday yesterday wasn't it, and here it is again today.???.. truly someone has drilled out the sand timer and the sand is free flowing these days...
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
A great recommendation for you is this book I happened upon at our library book sale... I love it and have had everyone I know read it and they love it, too!
A review here! Trust me you will love this book!!!!
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day... We took Hubs to doctor for a routine blood test then stopped at Pete's Deli for breakfast and shopped a bit for storage baskets... it was raining so we came home and I got back in my jams and did nothing the rest of the day.... I kind of like days like that!!!
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
That beach chair would be calling my name... but I may also have my paint brush, easel, and oils in my knapsack.
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
I believe it is time, as well... I know for me I can waste a goodly amount of it.... but particularly, I think, we assume we have all the time in the world and I tend to put things off.... thinking I will definitely get to that a bit later... but later seldom comes.. so different from while I was working.. I could get so much done... I would multitask everything... I was a dynamo .... but no longer...retirement has ruined me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I bought the cutest tablecloth yesterday and I am dying to redo the dining room.... but I am thinking spring with it... is it too early to do a bit of spring.... naw.... now that is one thing I do intend to do... TODAY!!