Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year Hodgepodge





Happy New Year! 


Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
 Time spent with our  daughter and her family.. our son in law and the two girls...
 Our oldest granddaughter  who  at 3 is a  prima ballerina!
And being  there  when our youngest  was baptized/dedicated to the Lord.  What a blessing they are to us!

2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
Our daughter's   Christmas morning breakfast...  her first to tackle on her own in her own home....  delicious  quiche,  brandied fruit... and since it was  church day  we had  store bought  apple cider doughnuts instead of the traditional orange cranberry scones!

3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
I absolutely  love this  photo  daughter sent  us of   Birdie.. with the purple boa..  at her dress up party at dance class last week.. 
Love to see her with her best friend...  at  3 1/2 years old..  I think this is rather  amazing!!





4. What does fresh start mean to you?



Beginning again with a clean slate...  no baggage  from the past to drag  one down...  just fresh opportunities to    begin  anew   with the  hope and desire to  put one's best foot forward to affect positive  change  in their life and  environs.including others..

5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
I would have to say 7  as  I  do beleive 7 is the perfect number.. not that I was perfect,  but  in 2016  I believe that I learned to       trust God more  in most things but I still have a ways  to improve...  I have  much hope for 2017.

6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you're like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it's used. There were quite a few on this year's list I'd never heard before.

Here's the 2017 list of banished words-
You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption


Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?


I agree with  our hostess, I have no idea  about  most of these terms  and I ahve no idea why  "you" should be banished...  I would think instead  that  "I "or "Me" should be  for,  to me,  we are a very self centered people  and  could stand to  consider  "you" much more than we do.

What overused word would I pick if I were in charge?
"global warming"' for I just  do not believe  that it exists.. I believe  it has been more than proven that the earth goes through cycles and   man does not  have the  power to affect such a thing... it is more a political  thing and is used to  fix and set agendas and create division. 


7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
Gosh, Joyce and I are definitely on the same wave length.. I have  started my chronological read through of the Bible and pray I can see it through this time.  And I was just speaking with hubs about how  we must  take our videos, especially our  ones of when we adopted our  dearest daughter  from  Korea in the mid 80's  to  be digitized.. We do have a friend who does this and   no time
like the present!!!!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hubs and I had  a very different Christmas  this year...  found ourselves sick with the flu over most of the  time...  so glad we celebrated with the kids in November..Sadly, we took down the tree today  after  a season  of  sickness (3 weeks) where  he and I were the only ones to actually  see  it..  I wonder if all the work was worth it..  we  hardly even turned the lights on it..  and our house  was  mostly unlit  except for  Christmas weekend...I had planned 2 dinner parties  that had to be  cancelled because  sickness didnt only attack our family..so  now that I am finally on the mend...  I am planning a mid January   time to  celebrate the new year  with  my previous guest lists... and for me  as I love to plan...  it  gives me a fresh perspective on  the season  and  how to  make the most of  winter's charm.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of your sweet grandkids! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~