Happy New Year!
Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
Time spent with our daughter and her family.. our son in law and the two girls...
And being there when our youngest was baptized/dedicated to the Lord. What a blessing they are to us!
2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
Our daughter's Christmas morning breakfast... her first to tackle on her own in her own home.... delicious quiche, brandied fruit... and since it was church day we had store bought apple cider doughnuts instead of the traditional orange cranberry scones!
3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
I absolutely love this photo daughter sent us of Birdie.. with the purple boa.. at her dress up party at dance class last week..
Love to see her with her best friend... at 3 1/2 years old.. I think this is rather amazing!!
4. What does fresh start mean to you?
Beginning again with a clean slate... no baggage from the past to drag one down... just fresh opportunities to begin anew with the hope and desire to put one's best foot forward to affect positive change in their life and environs.including others..
5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
I would have to say 7 as I do beleive 7 is the perfect number.. not that I was perfect, but in 2016 I believe that I learned to trust God more in most things but I still have a ways to improve... I have much hope for 2017.
6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you're like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it's used. There were quite a few on this year's list I'd never heard before.
Here's the 2017 list of banished words-
You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption
Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?
I agree with our hostess, I have no idea about most of these terms and I ahve no idea why "you" should be banished... I would think instead that "I "or "Me" should be for, to me, we are a very self centered people and could stand to consider "you" much more than we do.
What overused word would I pick if I were in charge?
"global warming"' for I just do not believe that it exists.. I believe it has been more than proven that the earth goes through cycles and man does not have the power to affect such a thing... it is more a political thing and is used to fix and set agendas and create division.
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
Gosh, Joyce and I are definitely on the same wave length.. I have started my chronological read through of the Bible and pray I can see it through this time. And I was just speaking with hubs about how we must take our videos, especially our ones of when we adopted our dearest daughter from Korea in the mid 80's to be digitized.. We do have a friend who does this and no time
like the present!!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hubs and I had a very different Christmas this year... found ourselves sick with the flu over most of the time... so glad we celebrated with the kids in November..Sadly, we took down the tree today after a season of sickness (3 weeks) where he and I were the only ones to actually see it.. I wonder if all the work was worth it.. we hardly even turned the lights on it.. and our house was mostly unlit except for Christmas weekend...I had planned 2 dinner parties that had to be cancelled because sickness didnt only attack our family..so now that I am finally on the mend... I am planning a mid January time to celebrate the new year with my previous guest lists... and for me as I love to plan... it gives me a fresh perspective on the season and how to make the most of winter's charm.