Monday, January 2, 2017

The Simple Woman's Day Book


For Today..January 2, 2017
Outside my window... 
Mild... dreary...wet

I am thinking... 
This has been a strange    past  few weeks...  first Lynn had the flu..  then I  did,, and  neither one of us  are still 100%... is it our age.. or is it just  a  bad  strain of  infuenza....  Lynn and I are both thinking    age  has a lot to do with it.. BAH!



I am thankful... 
for the beginning of  this new year...  and I am trusting that God is in His heaven  working everything for our good..trusting with faith and humility..  
  
I am wearing...
my long maxi house dress... it is a step up from my  terry cloth robes...  I needed a change!!!!

I am creating... well, my creating juices are  fairly  depleted..  but,  as I look around the house...  it is time to  phase out Christmas to winter....  so  bit by bit this week I hope to make the transformation.

I am wondering..

If we will have facetime today... I havent   spent much time with them at all this season.. they had  the other  side of the family with them  for the last couple of weeks...  so I am  eager to catch up!!
I am reading:: 

I am beginning a  Daily Reading of the  Bible  Schedule this year with  our church... I choose  a chronological  schedule  this time.
Chronological Bible Reading Plan 

Book of Judges for Sunday School
Jesus Calling Devotional 

One Year Devotional, Walk with God 
The One Year Walk with God Devotional - LeatherLike (repkg)  -     By: Chris Tiegreen, Walk Thru Ministries



Chris Tiegreen


I am learning...

that  satisfaction with  circumstances  is  what peace is all about...
comes with   truly knowing.. not  just paying lip service,  but knowing God is in control!

I am hoping... 

that this is the week  we both start feeling  really good and strong again.... I actually thought getting back to blogging might help me  re-establish  my routine..  and  having a  good focus is helping!!

In my garden... 

Dearest   cut back all the dead  mums in the back garden..  it looks  ready for its long winter's nap!

In my kitchen...

mainly menu planning and eating light this week...perhaps a bit of baking!

A favorite quote/scripture for today...
I saw this on facebook this morning and thought it was  great.. I love Ann Voskamp

One of my favorite things...
Ann also had  this  calendar  to  use this month... on giving...

From the board room... Pinned from my board...

promises-for-new-year


Here are 7 trinkets of hope given to us through these verses;


1) Do not give up
2) Do not fear
3) You will prosper
4) The Lord delights in you
5) Trials will produce patience
6) You will find new strength
7) Gods peace will guard you
pinned by  Mama of Three Boys






Postscript


Image may contain: candles, fire and text

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~