Monday, January 9, 2017

The Simple Woman's Day Book




For Today..January 8, 2017
Outside my window... 
Very cold,  bright  with sun glistening on the snow~
and other lovely things

I am thinking... 
how much I love the snow... I suppose it is  because I was a teacher  and, of course, we teachers always looked forward to our snow days..  even though Ive been  away form teaching for 13 years,  the  thrill of snow remains with me!!!

I am thankful... 
for the power of the Holy Spirit  within me... to enable me to  do and be.... I truly do not know how  one does with Him!!!

I am wearing...
my black velvet  slacks and  maroon long sleeve tee..  these velvet pants feel good on my dry  skin....  this  kind of weather does a number on 'older' skin!!!

I am creating... 
a menu for the week...today I am cooking up a  very large pot of spaghetti sauce.. should last us  a few days~~~

I am wondering..
when I can  re invite  my  two  gatherings together that  were cancelled over the holidays.. next week  looks to be  fine weather...  something to really set my mind to!

I am reading:: 
 Daily Reading of the Bible   Book of Job
Sunday School lesson  Judges  chapter 1 and 2
2  devotionals~
Jesus Calling,  & 
One Year Devotional, Walk with God 
A Thorn in my Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs, a novel

I am learning...
that satisfaction with circumstances is what peace is all about...
comes with truly knowing.. not just paying lip service, but knowing God is in control!

I am hoping...
That now that I have taken myself off of  the sub lingual immunotherapy  drops for my allergies,  that I can control  symptoms  with  OTC  applications..  those drops were  really upsetting my system...
In my garden... 
All is quiet and  asleep under its  quilt of snow!

In my kitchen...
no changes...  Hubs  has actually started the spaghetti sauce for us... I love cooking shows.. they truly inspire him in the kitchen!!!

A favorite quote/scripture for today...
Image result for winter quotes

One of my favorite things...
especially during cold long winter nights I love Netflix...  I  fell in love with one movie  since Christmas and have watched it thrice..
The Spirit of Christmas Poster
I suppose one reason I  really like this is because it was filmed just a few miles from our daughter and now when we  visit again I  can visit that lovely inn...plus...    the cast is terrific!!!!

From the board room... Pinned from my board...
Thrill the kids by doing a fun winter snow science experiment. Amazing, simple, and surprising snowman science you can do in the comfort of your warm home.:
Get more Pins from Crystal :: The Science Kiddo
Thrill the kids by doing a fun winter snow science experiment. Amazing, simple, and surprising snowman science you can do in the comfort of  home.

Postscript

Job 37:6-10
"For to the snow He says, 'Fall on the earth,' 
And to the downpour and the rain

 'Be strong.' 

"He seals the hand of every 
man.

 That all men may know His work.

"Then the beast goes into its lair

 And remains in its den.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving us a peek into your corner of the world. Loved that photo outside your window. And, what a great quote by Edith Sitwell.

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places all through this new year. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks so much for your kind words...and the blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your I am learning and wishing I was learning some of that too. Loved your pictures and words and how they form a story almost like a chat by the fire with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spaghetti---how I am raising my family! spring is coming--snow will be gone and your garden will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~