Monday, July 10, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday


Click Icon to return to  SAHM..

The weather:::
This week is going to be miserably hot....  I'm committed to staying in the house most of the week...  and we  need rain so badly.... the storms  go around us every time!!!


Right now I am:::
I just enjoyed  a delightful breakfast of  sausage and  poached eggs.. Thanks to sweetheart for  frying up the rest of the sausage this morning!too hot for coffee  so an orange juice cocktail over ice  tastes so  wonderful...  half glass of  o.j. filled  to top with  soda water from our soda stream....  btw, a soda stream  is a  wonderful  kitchen gadget...  the water tastes  exactly like my favorite , Pellegrino,  soda water,  but  it's really only  tap water...  a soda stream pays  for itself many times over!!!!
Image result for sodastream
On my reading pile:::
I'm trying so hard to finish my latest   Mitford book by Jan Karon..,  Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good,  it's not that it is  not charming...  But I have a hard time keeping up with the  myriad  Midford-ites .... it just seems like  slow read to me this time  and it is  a long book, as well.  

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I feel like  I saw 
 the Amelia Earhart documentary on the History Channel  because my husband watched it and  has been telling me all about it this morning.. Apparently it was  truly amazing.. We had been gone all weekend   and I was too tired to  watch anything last night.

On my TV:::

During the day I do enjoy Days of Our Lives..  Watched for  50 years..old habits die hard!
I like  Blue Bloods,  and Monk.. IN the evening  I watch  YouTube  videos of  BBC  TV shows like  Escape to the Country, or Netflix reruns of Foyle's War and  The Great British Baking Competition.

On the menu for this week::
I am always so inspired by homemakers  who are so  organized...  I live from one meal to the next these days...all I can say is all the left overs  are  used except for  a large  Tupperware of  cut up watermelon which  will taste so good today for lunch!!!

On my to do list:::
Monday~Laundry..Wash the bed linens and comforter  from  guest room and    clothes from our  weekend  trip.
Tuesday~ visit to the podiatrist...encourage Hubs to  try to finish the  carpet  take up  and  hardwood cleaning  in the  guestroom  this week so we can put that room back together.
Thursday~  Luncheon at church
Family reunion  coming up  soon..  need to plan  my  dish!

I am thinking strongly  of stopping at the Amish  market and  getting a peck of peaches  to make this:

Classic Bisquick Peach Cobbler   for  a  9X13  pan Id  have to double the recipe

Prep:10 min  Total:1 hr 10min
Servings:6



Ingredients
1cup Original Bisquick mix
1cup milk
1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2cup butter or margarine, melted
1cup sugar
1can (29 ounces) sliced peach, drained  or I will use fresh

Steps

  • 1.                                  Heat oven to 375ºF.
  • 2.
    Stir together Bisquick mix, milk and nutmeg in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches. Stir in butter until blended. Stir together sugar and peaches; spoon over batter.
  • 3.
    Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden.


Looking around the house:::
I am  planning to fill at least  2  large  leaf bags  with items form the guest room closet and drawers  to take to   Salvation Army... also a few  blankets and  coverlets  we just don't need anymore!

From the camera:::
I wish I was back on the veranda  at the Martha Washington Inn.  The air was so breezy and cool!!!!
Image may contain: people sitting and plant


What I'm wearing today:::
Right now   I'm wearing shorts and a halter top,, but need to  get dressed...   I'll out on a  nice  blouse  to go to the Amish market...  my shorts are  still appropriate for a day like today! 

One of my simple pleasures:::
I do  really enjoy  watching  Escape to the Country   my BBC  program about  what the  countryside in Britain has hot offer the    buyer...here is a sample!!


Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share:::
Image may contain: text

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl! I used to watch Days of Our Lives many years ago. I googled DOOL and looked at cast pictures just to see who's still around. I was amazed at some of the folks who still were!

    Visiting from Happy Homemaker Monday!
    Blessings,
    Another Happy Homemaker
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant help but to add that perhaps some of the storylines havent moved on that drastically since you last viewed the show... But there again.... time does move on and some of the characters like us all have aged as well... But I do enjoy the show.

      Delete
  2. My kids have wanted a soda stream for so long and I keep saying no, but I think I need to grab one.

    I love Escape to the Country, such a good show :)

    The Bisquick Peach Cobbler, may just be made today, I have some canned peaches I need to use up. Thank you for the recipe :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you found something of value in my post.... I think you would enjoy a soda stream... I dont use it with the artificial soda packets that come with it but I do enjoy the refreshing soda water...and it really takes the calories and sugar out of an orange juice cocktail! That cobbler couldnt look any easier!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~