Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Click here to return to Joyce's page!
1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?

Yesterday at 3:15  was a bit out of the norm. We were  entering  the parking lot  that probably registered  100 degrees.  We had been sitting  in church for an hour  for a very  sad funeral... the church was  full  and  everyone  was in a state of  most unusual  lament for the young man  who had  recently stepped in to heaven  at  a much  too young of age..  leaving his family behind.  The heat  outside  sapped me  of all remaining energy  and since we had skipped lunch I  was  imploring Hubs to stop and let's go ahead, and have an early dinner.  Praise God we did... 
My usual  energy leave   at 3:15 has always been  my all time low.   level -1..  I'm not a usual afternoon napper..  but if I perchance  lay down to watch something on TV I invariably will take a power nap...

2. A Frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curve ball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.
Haha,  I had to think  then sure it  hit me....  a towel... over the weekend,  a pesky fly had gotten in the house and we don't have a fly swatter, so Hubs threw a towel at me to use in my defense from the fly...


3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.

A phone call from  our  daughter....her presence always  brightens the atmosphere

Resolution  of a  touchy situation between friends    that  was  created  by  spiritual warfare as we were  working in the service of the Lord...  so  difficult to  deal with  ungodly offenses and  damaged feelings.  I  have tried to  mediate,  but    little improvement.

Strength to  tackle one more room of moving  every thing out,  to  remove old  glued down carpeting    repair floors and  wait  with the horrendous smell of  cleaner and  finishing,  then  re decorate the room..Praise God it is the last room  upstairs to tackle...   our room....    and then    bless the Lord....  it will all be finished!!!  We start today!


4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?

 I am only strong in the Lord by the power of His spirit..  I  allow Him to lead me sometimes where angels dare to tread, honestly...I  will take on those  hard  one on one discussions that need to be said  with love  but  with  heart wrenching truth  and  attempt to  clear the air   and  allow  the  God's truth  penetrate darkness and  begin  a healing work.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in Him and He helps me." 
Ps. 28:7

5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?
Yes, I  love  historical time travel novels  by Lynn Kurland...  Adventurous love stories,  but without the  lusty  factor...  They will transport me   when I need  to escape!He books  run  along  a couple of    fictional Scottish and English families  through  the generations  during the 13-15th centuries...  I love the medieval era.  The inspiration for these families are
Related image
Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland, England   and
Image result for mcleod castle
Dunvegan on the Isle of Skye.

6. Insert your own random thought here.I probably would not  go to see Dunkirk.. firstly, Hubs  has  given up on anything that comes out of Hollywood and refuses to go to movies, although he loves WWII films... Saving Private Ryan was his last film to go see, but I didn't go..  It is too intense for me. Our daughter gave him the  box set of the Band of Brothers and he loves those...  I don't watch...  I hate the realities of war,  but  am very patriotic and love  our veterans  who put it all on the line for our country... and it  angers me to see people who enjoy our  rights and freedoms here but  vilify our  military.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~