Thursday, November 12, 2009

Daily Pearls

Photobucket
Through my window:
A powerful nor'easter storm is developing off the Virginia coast bringing us flooding rain and high winds today. The Roanoke River is at flood stage. This storm is due to travel on up the coast tonightbringing flooding rains to NY City and on to Boston!
Through my door: I am going to be stopping in on Marlene this morning to discuss the prayer chain Dottie and I have been working on for our dearest Doris! All the time slots of the 24/7 prayer chain are filled except for the wee hours, at which time I feel sure family members who are staying with Doris at the hospital will be covering. Then I am off to choir practice.
Hearing: a lone bird is heralding important news right outside my window!
What's Cooking: Chicken salad... I hope to make it quite tasty with pecans and cranberries!!!
Hearth and Home: I need to do a general clean up.. every table is loaded with stuff"...mostly Bible study stuff... but I need to clear up for the weekend!
Healthy Living:11 pounds off altogether. I need to put a little more focus on my menu planning!!!
Creative Corner: no plans
On My Mind: I have a week's worth of work to do on my Daniel study for today. Our class is tonight.... Lord, help me!!!!
My prayer life:
The prayer conference we attended Saturday was amazing! I am inspired and encouraged to move into strategic spiritual warfare over so many areas of my life, our church, and my loved ones lives!!!!
Gratefulness:
I am grateful for my dear friend, Dottie, in whom I can trust and count on. She is undoubtedly, the best friend anyone could ever have.
Praying: Praise the Lord, mom is doing so much better. God has answered our prayers... her knee is doing so much better, her brusing is much less significant, and she is getting around much better! God is good!!!I , also, lift up Doris to You, Father, She needs your healing touch. Recreate in her those things she needs for full recovery... her heart and kidneys, Lord, bless her and fill her with Your strength! Heal Drew, Father and be glorified in the miracle you are doing there! Praise God for the answer to prayer regarding the 2 year old who fell and suffered brain loss, she is doing better! I bind the effects of the enemy over all of these situations.. I plead the blood of Jesus over these and by His stripes they are healed! In Jesus Name!!!! .
Planning: I am beginning to think about our Thanksgiving celebration this year. Lynn and I will just be serving my parents, but I want it to be a nice dinner. Mom and dad havent been here in several months.. They havent even seen our new floor we got in August! I would love to have my sofa back by then but I don't know if that is going to happen!
Simple Pleasures:
Do I ever enjoy when while Lynn and I are watching tv he takes my feet into his lap and gives them a nice massage! That is a real simple, yet invogorating pleasure!!!!
Thanks to Thia. Her original is found on her site, Harvest of Pearls.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of Doris often- thanks for the updates you send! Love you and hope you're having a good week!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~