Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Little Coffee and Scone Time

Yesterday I was in a let's get together over a cup of coffee mood, and I was interested in doing a little baking so I mixed up a batch of cranberry orange with walnuts scones and ground beans for a piping hot pot of arabica and invited Dottie over for nice chat.


Photobucket
We usually meet out for coffee about once a week, but this time it was very wonderful to just serve at home.

Photobucket
Besides I was anxious to show off my new sofa we had recovered!. We are totally delighted with the effect. I just love the French Thistle fabric and upholstery shop!
Photobucket
I am sure Amanda is wondering all about the finished sunroom now so these photos are more for her benefit.
We flipped the room since we put in the new tile. We love having the eating area on the window side of the room!
Photobucket
We love looking out at the birds and watching the squirrels...
Photobucket
Also, Monday I slipped back into an old routine... I just had to visit my favorite consignment shop and there I found this irresistible painting.. I love sheep too much to not be completely mesmerized by its charms.
Photobucket
So I have to finish off this post by just admitting to amanda I am looking forward to Christmas when I see your sweetness reclining cosily on our new sofa!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The room is beautiful, the friendship is special and the scones were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunroom looks amazing! What a great use of the space- I can't wait to see the new sofa up close! Glad you and Dottie had a nice get together. Wish I'd been there for a scone too! I guess I'll just have to wait until Christmas-- 1 month exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Can't wait!

    Love you!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~