Monday, November 9, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

FOR TODAY...
November 9, 2009 from Schotzy's Daybook
Outside my window... Another very mild day is dawning and drawing me outside.... I hope to walk this morning!

I am thinking... today is the anniversary of a very important day in our lives....today is "Got YA' Day". We got Amanda 24 years ago today!!!! We love you so much, PUD!!
I am thankful for... hearth and home... I was truant from everything yesterday... it was wonderful to just kick back and rest with nothing pulling me ...well, except to help mom with her hair, which is a blessing to me, anyway! I am thankful that I can still do this small task for her!

I am wearing... jeans and my lavender sweater/blouse ensemble.
I am remembering... the joy I experienced Saturday at the Breakthrough Prayer Intercessors Conference! Wow! Awesome to be in the presence of the LORD!

I am going... with Lynn to the Symphony tonight! What a programme!!
Ravel - Tombeau de Couperin Debussy - Berceuse Heroique Dvorak - Carnival Overture J. Strauss, Jr. - On The Beautiful Blue Danube Tchaikovsky - Romeo & Juliet Fantasy Overture

I am reading...
Beth Moore's Daniel preparing for chapter 9,
First Place for Health unit 5,
Experiencing God chapter 9, I think,,,
I must admit it is difficult to stay caught up on these wonderful yet involved studies...

I am hoping... to get to share about the conference over coffee with Dottie soon!!
On my mind... I am thankful that my lethargy I experienced yesterday didnt materialize into the beginnings of a cold or worse... I suppose I was just tired. Driving back from the DC area Saturday night was grueling... the traffic was horrendous.... so many trucks... and traveling at such speed for 4 hours takes a lot out of me and my nerves. I realize that after 6 years of retirement.. I just not used to life in the fast lane like I was previously!!! Whew!!! It was good to get home!

Noticing that... the signs of Christmas are becoming more and more pronuunced about me!!! I am hankering to join the melee and do some decorating myself!!!! Why, NOt!!!!
Pondering these words...
"There is music in the meadows, in the air --
Autumn is here;
Skies are gray, but hearts are mellow,
Leaves are crimson, brown, and yellow;
Pines are soughing, birches stir,
And the Gipsy trail is fresh beneath the fir.
There is rhythm in the woods,
and in the fields,
Nature yields:
And the harvest voices crying,
Blend with Autumn zephyrs sighing;
Tone and color, frost and fire,
Wings the nocturne Nature plays upon her lyre."-
William Stanley Braithwaite,
Lyric of Autumn
Photobucket
From the kitchen...
your guess is as good as mine!!!
From my picture journal...
Photobucket
I think this is the youngest photo I have on photo bucket... taken when Amanda was 2 and we were going to the Sister City (Seoul) Harvest Dinner in 1987. What a precious angel! For more visit Peggy at The Simple Woman!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful. Your daughter is a little doll. It sounds like you had a wonderful week. I've read the studies you are reading. They are all good. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pictures. I know what you mean about keeping up with the studies. I am currently doing two Bible studies, one on Esther (B.Moore Study), and one on the book of John. I am finding it a bit difficult to keep up with the two. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~