Monday, November 23, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

FOR TODAY...


November 23, 2009 from Schotzy's Daybook


Outside my window... a very dreary day for me to have to be out in.... I was out at 7:30 this morning to the opthamologist.... then Wally World.... then to my parents to take them to the bank and grocery shopping! Whew! I was finally back by midafternoon!

Photobucket


I am thinking...
this is the first Thanksgiving when the family won't be all together.... you know there does come that time when children just can't be available to join in the family celebration... and they begin their own traditions. I am very excited that mom and dad will be with us... and I pray that since this will be my first time ever to do it all by myself... I'll make a good go of it!



I am thankful for...
my dear husband... he is such a great help to me... so thoughtful,, and I am so pleased that he said
"Yes" to teaching the Men's Bible Study breakfast for December... He is going so much in the Lord! Yahoo!!
Also, just check out this delicious meal Lynn cooked up for us.
Photobucket
Crab cakes with butternut squash with veggies... Yum YUM!!!
I am wearing... black velvet slacks and rose sweater



I am remembering...
that I have quite a bit of last minute things to accomplish before Thursday!!!!



I am going...


to really enjoy Lynn being off on Wednesday!!!

I am reading...

Authority to Tread, A Practical Guide to Strategic, Spiritual Warfare by Rebecca Greenwood
This is a truly amazing, powerful book!!!


Beth Moore's Daniel preparing for chapter 12,


Experiencing God chapter 11,






I am hoping...
to stay on my new eating pattern over the coming the weeks!!!!




On my mind...
I am going to be taking things just one day at a time for the next few weeks.... It seems I have been overwhelmed lately! I am definitely slowing down and spending time before the Lord in preparation for the holidays!



Noticing that...
there is quite a bit of dust on the corners.... time to vacuum! Did I mention... that is my most hateful chore!



Pondering these words:

May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership. Psalm 109:8








From the kitchen...


as I am still trying to clear out the freezer... tonight will be pork chops!




From my picture journal...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the autumn light, shadows, and colors around the house!


For more Daybooks visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. So impressed with the meal Dad prepared- he's quite the chef when he puts his mind to it!

    Thinking of you all this week and missing home!

    Love you,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~