Friday, August 20, 2010

Pink Saturday

Photobucket

Happy PINK Saturday!!
This Saturday has finally arrived!
Our church has been faithfully planning and executing a
labor of love... a benefit yard sale for a sweet young boy...
Drew Bennett.
Photobucket

"My name is Drew Bennett. I am a seven year old boy who has Pseudo-Obstruction, a total colonic motility disorder which was diagnosed when I was two years old. I have undergone multiple surgeries, and now have an ileostomy, G-tube and medi-port. Some time real soon I hope to have it reversed and by some miracle, maybe will not need to have one anymore.

I have a totally non-working stomach and small bowel. After 15 surgeries, I no longer have a large bowel. I currently am on full TPN and Lipids 20 hours a day, and have early signs of liver disease as a result. "

On September 4, 2009, I was added to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) for Active Level 1 transplant. I am waiting on the official call that the organs for a stomach, small and large bowel, and possible liver transplant are available for me. At that time my Mom, brother and sister will re-locate to Pittsburgh for 9-12 months after the transplant.

Please pray for me! "
Drew is still waiting for his organ transplant..... he developed this malady at the age of two.... and has been in and out of the Cinninati Children's Hospital ever since.... The family has and will be incuring phenomenal hospital costs.... so our church started planning his benefit yard sale in early summer....

The effort has mainly been orchestrated by the seniors of our church.... we've met ever other week through the summer to plan and offer our lives as living sacrifices to help and demonstrate love to this sweet child of God....in the last few weeks we have worked many hours collecting, pricing and squirreling away the massive outpouring of items for the sale.... our church is very large, but even so, the huge support in giving of items became daunting and almost overwhelming.... but day after day the same twenty or so of us diligently met at church to persevere through the challenge.... and finally, today I can say it has all come together and the doors will open at 8am....
Many have offered donations and fundraising initiatives... valuable items donated for the silent auction like framed Thomas Kincaid prints, valuable pottery and baskets, as well as one local business, Bojangles, is offering 10,000 dollars in fundraising... He printed up letters to sell at $20 each which can be redeemed for tail gate party dinners for 4 with all the trimmings... and Drew gets the whole $20.00. for each one sold.. The business gets nothing! Awesome!!!
I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 4:20


For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

Here we have a body of believers who are leaning on God's power to enable them to do the work of His kingdom ...to demonstrate His unfailing love and mercy... believe me I kn ow that the work many of us have done so far was by the power of an Almighty God... for we could not have done this by our own strength!

Yesterday Drew got to meet his wonderful benefactor when he came by the church to show his appreciation!
Photobucket
Pictured with them also is Ms. Walters who spearheaded this event!
Photobucket
Now for the sale itself... hopefully you will appreciate the love and the
PInkness
that went into pulling this all together!!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
As you celebrate this
Pink Saturday...
please pray for Drew,, that his transplant will come soon, and pray that this sale will be a huge success!!! And support Bojangles in your community!

Also, you too, can join in this mighty effort by visiting Drew's website and partnering in some way to help make his transplant a reality.
Pray for Drew
Enjoy PINK Saturday!!!

Visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for more!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what a sweet, beautiful little boy. I will certainly keep him in my prayers! I almost fainted when I saw the amount of things that have been donated for the sale!!!! I hope you raise a TON of money! And more importantly I PRAY that Drew gets his transplants and gets well. God bless you all for doing this! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't know how lucky we are until we hear or see someone like that-especially a child. I do hope that he will be healed soon. It's wonderful all that everyone is doing to help this little boy-he'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WOW! What a fabulous post. Blessings to your church and to Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and proud of you and Dad and all of your hard work. I know it will be a huge success!!

    Love,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing coming together in love and support. (If I was there I would love help by buying some fun things.) We need to be grateful for our health and blessings everyday.
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing support effort for that sweet little guy. Please keep us updated!

    Have a wonderful day! Be sure to visit my blog for a great giveaway!

    Sarah
    ***Visit my blog for a GIVEAWAY and new linking party!***
    http://bloggingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-wednesday-party-link-up-giveway-too.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~