Saturday, August 14, 2010

Journey to Boston part 4

On Friday night after dinner we celebrated Amanda's and my birthday...both of us celebrating rather milepost years although her's at 25 seems a bit more admirable than 60 !! But at any rate 60 did bring about a gift that about blew my socks off... I mean I do appreciate the myriad magic potions and lotions and makeup designed with the mature woman in mind...that filled a flower pot that I asbolutely loved and almost bought for my self when I visited the Shop of 1000 Villages in Lancaster in May... I am thrilled that Amanda's coworker works for Avon and she now has an unlimited resource for the age defying creams and lotions, but the note inside the accompanying envelop was the topper... Dinner for 4 at Blue Ginger in Wellesley.... owned and operated by celebrity chef, Ming Tsai... I had first gotten interested in his cooking years ago... he had one of the first cooking shows, When East Meets West.....
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
So we had Saturday night reservations at 7....
Now to dine at this establishment is like being a guest judge on The Iron Chef....
Joshua chose the following appetizers for our meal
Avocado Stuffed Soft Shell Crab with Watermelon-Feta Salad & Chili-Lime Gastrique

Fragrant Thai Mussels with Lime Leaf & Green Papaya

He then ordered
Garlic-Black Pepper Lobster with Lemongrass Fried Rice Pea Tendril Salad with Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette
Amanda had Sake-Miso Marinated Alaskan Butterfish Wasabi Oil, Soy-Lime Syrup and Vegetarian Soba Noodle Sushi
Lynn got Indonesian Curry Pasta with Asian Vegetables and Chopped Peanuts
Crispy Organic Coconut Shrimp and Baby Shrimp
and I ordered Grilled Hanger Steak with Adobo BBQ Sauce, Poblano Puree and Lime Leaf Aioli Local Fresh Corn Tamale and Papaya Salsa... I dont know exactly what it was ... but it was gooooood!!!!The best part was that Ming mingled with the tables the whole evening and we got to speak to him and shake his hand as we left.... the only problem is this I was a tad too embarrassed to whip out my camera like a tourist there so alas no photos.... but many of the dishes are online at the link provided!
Earlier that day Amanda and I went shopping at Natick Mall and she convinced me I needed to buy new shoes to support my back and feet.... so she indoctrinated me into the ideology that if your shoes cost enough they will really feel good.... and she is right!!

Photobucket Photobucket



So while the guys played a round of golf we gals shopped.. Crate and Barrell is really a fun shop, and came in very nicely as I purchased an array of hostess type paraphenalia for the kids' 5th wedding anniversary we were also celebrating!!!A very fun, exciting day indeed!! No rest for the weary traveller... tomorrow is coming and another red letter day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for the wonderful anniversary gifts! We used our new pitcher, and serving bowl (no more $1 pyrex!) for the salad we had with dinner tonight-- Dan and Angel came over and we had dinner and a nice long visit. We also got to use the new tongs that Jan and Kevin gave us, so all of our new gifts are getting a lot of good use! Thanks again!!

    Love you and love these pics! Take care of your feeties!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~