Friday, August 27, 2010

Irish Blessing

Go raibh tú daibhir i mí-áidh
Agus saibhir i mbeannachtaí
Go mall ag déanamh namhaid, go luath a déanamh carad,
Ach saibhir nó daibhir, go mall nó go luath,
Nach raibh ach áthas agat
Ón lá seo amach.

May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
Slow to make enemies,
quick to make friends,
But rich or poor, quick or slow,
May you know nothing but happiness
>From this day forward.
(author unknown)

Today I have been thinking a lot about my Irish ancestory and I am feeling such a kindred spirit toward my native land..... and I am so happy I was drawn to my new pendant as my souvenir from Cape Cod.... The celtic knot depicting eternal life.


Photobucket

I feel a special connection today with all my Irish brothers and sisters, and a deep appreciation especially for those who have known inner and external turmoil and bitterness through the years...my prayers are for those who have been touched by persecution to be enfolded in the arms of Jesus who knew The ultimate persecution yet was raised up and seated in the heavenlies beside his holy Father,God!There is eternal life for all those who believe , and say with their mouth that Christ is Lord of all!!!

1 comment:

  1. G'eve Schotzy ~ What a beautiful pendant, but even more so the words you have shared. I am familiar with this as we are very Irish. Yes, God is our Lord & Savior.

    Have a lovely eve ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~