Saturday, July 2, 2011

Finally... the Trip

It is so glad to be  home  and   be able to  continue blogging.. I feel like  Im  so out of  sync  with  blogging  it is hard to know  where to start....  so  I  will start at the beginning..
Photobucket
My friend, Dottie  and I,    left for parts north    on June 23rd...   Her brother  Bill picked me up  at  5:30 am and we drove to  Lynchburg to catch the Northeast Regional  Amtrak  line for  Boston..It  left  the station  at  7;30...   this  was a huge adventure for me to be  going  solo  without  my husband...  I  was on my way to visit  Amanda and Joshua,, our daughter and  son- in law,  while  Dot  was going to  visit her friend in New Hampshire.We  enjoyed  a basically uneventful, 12 hour  ride,  only arriving  30 minutes  past our scheduled time...  I got off  near  Amanda's  home  while Dottie  traveled on to the Back Bay station in Boston proper..  I must say  that our  two way  fare  at $140.00   each  was a  huge  bargain....   and  I thoroughly enjoyed the  travel...  no worries about  boarding with  all our stuff... the train  conductors and other passengers  are  so nice about  helping.   I felt  like a seasoned traveler  as I waited at the station  before  I saw Amanda    coming up the escalator  to find me...but, oh what a  welcome sight....

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a fabulous time Schotzy. Nothing like a getaway. Beautiful country, leisurely enjoyable ride. Good for you.

    May her flag fly high & proud forever over this great land ... may God see the changes we need & grant us that blessing.

    Happy 4th, sweetie.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~