Friday, July 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday



I was blog hopping  this morning, and   chanced to  see  that  someone  was posting a day late on  this one... and I thought  surely on my birthday I am entitled to   do so as well... for I am surely  most thankful!
   Thankful  that  God has  given me another  day... another year...   I turn  61 today!  Not such a grand accomplishment... but the number, to me  does seem    to carry  with it a sense of  antiquity!  LOL!Although,  my best friends  keep  reminding me, it is only a number, nothing more...  So  for that I am also thankful!
  Today  I have been reminded again and again  that  as we get older  the best gifts  are  the intangible  ones....   a visit with  your  daughter and son in law  is a perfect gift!  No need for  fancy plans or  money spent...  just spend an hour  together !
Photobucket
Or last night,,  when  a friend  shared a marvelous   song of faith with me...  which reminds me  of  who  my heavenly Father is and  what he means to  and expects from  me!

Or the  sweetest message I received on Facebook this morning  from  my  sweet young  14 year old friend  in  Derbyshire, England promising me a  catch up chat  soon!  And I know that he meant  it!   Such a simple thing   but so meaningful and  love filled!Wonderful intangible blessings  from God  that  lift us,  shower us,  revive us, and fill us til we want no more!     Thank you, Lord!


For more TT click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~