Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reflections of the Times

Photobucket
This is perhaps one of the most important themes on which I have heretofore attempted to write...   I even to  decode pn the title  has been  complex  as  this  topic  will incorporate  many ideas   as I  attempt to  bring clarity into my thinking on  what is going on in our world today!
  A good friend and contributing  essayist  in this endeavor, Allan Matthes,  suggested  the following  and I think it is a grand  jumping off place for this  journey....
De Profundis
Latin for the beginning two words  of Psalm 130...

Psalm 130

My Soul Waits for the Lord
A Song of Ascents.
 1Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD!
 2O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
   to the voice of my pleas for mercy! 3If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities,
   O Lord, who could stand?
4But with you there is forgiveness,
    that you may be feared.
 5I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
   and in his word I hope;
6my soul waits for the Lord
   more than watchmen for the morning,
   more than watchmen for the morning.
 7O Israel, hope in the LORD!
   For with the LORD there is steadfast love,
   and with him is plentiful redemption.
8And he will redeem Israel
   from all his iniquities.

  I really   think this is a fine beginning,  for  without  the  mercy, guidance, and help of our  Lord,  we can do nothing..  Putting Him first,  will  be  my only  hope in  being able to move forward in attaching any meaning to  what  I am seeing in these times in which we live...
  So  I believe  it is good to begin by  focusing on this psalm of ascent and seeking    what it is the the Lord has,  before going any further!
I look forward to any and all comments on this theme, for I am sure that  many are just as  intrigued by  the times,   by  what is happening in our  world, nation,  our society, even our homes and families.     By God's grace we will unlock  these mysteries,  shed light on the truth  beyond what  the mainline media wants us to know, and try to wrap our minds around  what it all means to us personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~