Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Side Trip to Newport, Rhode Island

On Saturday, last,  the kids decided to  take me to Newport....   actually  this was  their first visit  there as well so  it was quite an adventure!  I am so  very pleased to  say that    all of the  bridges, whether  by car or by rail  held  little to no  apprehension for me this trip.. and if  they had,  I  would certainly just have to get over it because  the  bridges  were  plentiful....  but they  only served to  take me  to wondrous  places  that  blessed me to no end!
Photobucket
And one  simply cannot  enjoy  Newport unless one  takes to the sea!
  So  we took the tour via  the Amazing Grace!   This  was  such an amazing  venture for me....   I loved it!
   The  water was     serene and  beautiful, the weather, sublime,   fresh air, and  clear skies...   wonderful  to the extreme!The  harbor  of Newport  was a thriving  place  full of  sailing vessels of all  shapes and sizes...    and one of the  greatest  sites  was  the moored  Maltese Falcon,  the world's  largest sailing ship almost as long as  a football field!....  as seen in  bottom  middle  photo!

PhotobucketNewport

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trip Schotzy! I love Rhode Island, too. All of New England is so scenic. Glad you had a wonderful time.

    May her flag fly high & proud forever over this great land ... may God see the changes we need & grant us that blessing.

    Happy 4th, sweetie.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of you! Cute! I'll send you mine, whenever I get around to getting them off of my camera card!

    Happy 4th!
    Love,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~