Monday, July 25, 2011

The Happy Homemaker Monday


The Stay at Home Mom hosts this each week.


The weather in my neck of the woods:
The report this morning for the long range  forecast was more of the same....hot and humid....  not fit for  man or beast outside if you ask me....

Things that make me happy:
Photobucket

I love to see my  sweetheart  out  taking care of business  around our home.....  and soon  after he retires  this will  be a  much more common sight around here!   Unfortunately,  the heat and lack of rain has  done a  job on urn landscaping and lawn....   there will be plenty to do come  autumn!

Book I'm reading:
The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee

Spiritual Warfare, by E. M. Bounds

What I'm enjoying on TV:
What's tv??!
 NO  I cant say I actually  enjoy  it,  but  I am compelled to  watch  Fox and C-Span  much more than usual during this  heated  debate on the  debt!

On the menu for dinner:
We have  weekend left overs,   so  it will be interesting to see how I pull together  a hodge podge of  dishes into one cohesive meal...

On my To Do List

Getting  my thoughts together  on  a  topic I am bringing before the Pastor of our church this week.   Please pray for me to be thoughtful,  speak  succinctly, and without fear and emotions  as I bring a very serious matter before  my pastor!
still collecting  household  items and clothes for the Good Will basket

Rather full week ahead!
Quiet  day here at home to spend  reflecting and  gathering  my thoughts
perhaps  breakfast out with a friend ( need to catch up)
allergy shot
 marketing
Church fellowship dinner and Bible Study
Special Bible Study  with Lois at Lynne's
Dad to the doctor
Saturday  Morning Prayer at church  
New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Veal  parmesan
  • Last week I purchased some  thin  veal cutlets which were perfect and made this  recipe  so  easy to prepare
  •  6 veal cutlets  
  • ( if not  pounded thin  then  place  between  waxed paper and pound to  thin  thickness)  Mine were  already perfect
  • 1/2 cup flour  in a plate
  •   2 eggs    beaten in a bowl
  •  1/2 cup  Panko, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper 1 t. oregano
Dredge the  cutlets  first  through  flour,  then egg bath, then  panko mixture,  then place in heated  olive oil  in a frying pan and  pan fry  for 4-5 minutes on each side./   My cutlets   were  smallish and  very  thin  so they cooked quickly.  
Remove from pan,   drain off oil  and add 1/2 cup of  white wine... I actually used sherry..   and  created a sauce as the wine  dissovles the  crusty crumbles left behind in the pan.   Stir  this  well  and  allow the  flavors to mingle  as it  boils  for 2 minutes  and then pour over the cutlets.   This was a very tasty  dish!  
I am definitely looking for more  cutlets this week at the market!


  
Looking forward to this week
Last week at our Thursday night  Bible Study  abut 8 of us met at my dear friend's Lynn home  to discuss  how prayer had affected  our lives  as a followup  to our spring time study on the book, The Praying Life. We had many testimonies and    such wonderful discussion that  we decided to get together again this week  to  continue...   We truly believe that it is only by the power  of prayer that  our nation will overcome the many  issues   and ills that have come upon us.    We  are  calling for a sacred assembly as is  written in chapter 2 of the book of Joel to  pray for our nation.    We have invited all whoa re concerned for our nation to come and pray and it is our hope that the flame of the spirit will  rise up and engage the hearts of our people to  be involved in the  Call to Prayer for the Nation sponsored by Governor Rick Perry on August 6. 2011  the next week.   We need the whole nation  to fall to our knees  for our nation.   I commend  Gov. Perry for  putting his faith and his nation  before his political    career  in calling for this  event  to pray to God the father  by the power of Jesus name!

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Photobucket


How lovely it would be to  be enjoying those  cool seas  breezes  last summer  on  Cape Cod!


On my mind:
Last week I did  start a new initiative on my blog  called  Reflections  on the Tines
Photobucket
Click here to find out more  about  this  topic!
  Actually  there are several topics on this  theme  and the  topics are ever expanding to include    far reaching affects not only in the family, but  our communities,  churches,  nation  and the world.   But  Not only  am I examining the  effects  but mainly I  am seeking  scriptures that  offer  help and guidance in these trying times.  I continue to challenge you   to  get in on the discussion as we together  seek to  bring  clarity  to  our  lives and  know God's will in  our  daily struggles.  Sharing  together  can  be a great source of encouragement to others.
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses

As I was  reading  Ezekiel  8   this morning, I couldn't help but see the correlation  between what  Ezekiel  saw and   what we see in our   impotent churches today...   Have our leaders  compromised their  faith  through idolatry  just as the  elders did  in  Ezekiel's day?

8: 5Then He said to me, “Son of man, raise your eyes now toward the north.”
So I raised my eyes toward the north, and behold, to the north of the altar gate was this idol of jealousy at the entrance.
6And He said to me, “Son of man, do you see what they are doing, the great abominations which the house of Israel are committing here, so that I would be far from My sanctuary? But yet you will see still greater abominations.”

I do  sense that God is far form His Sanctuary  in many churches today....   and we must  wonder  why and what can w e do about it!The Happy Homemaker

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn,

    I'll send a prayer your way. I know it is sometimes scary talking to an authority figure! :-o

    Your week sounds busy but not overwhelming. Enjoy!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~