Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tablescape Thursday

Photobucket

For more TT be sure to stop in at Between Naps on the Porch! You'll be glad you did!!!

These many 90+ degree days   have taken their toll on me....It is even difficult for me to  contemplate  even leaving the house   the car is so hot and the air is so humid and miserable...  So  that necessitates  me  creating a beautiful experience right here in my comfy and cool house...
my current  hutch display  inspired my desire to  enjoy a leisurely refreshing  luncheon  in my coolest room in the house... the parlor!
Photobucket

 Again,  I cant face a heavy meal either,   and to tell you the  truth a nice, tall,  glass of ice cold water just about tempts me more than the food...
  so lightfare is the only way to go today..
 Photobucket
and I  am enjoying my new   bird plates  that  will  be so lovely on my  songbird table in the parlor!

Photobucket
Photobucket
 So today for luncheon  I am off  to my  quiet place  where I meet with the Lord  and am  lunching with my new book,  Prayers  that  Release  Heaven on Earth...  by  John Eckhardt...
Photobucket
 a divinely  simple, yet beautiful luncheon of  fruit, cheese, and crackers  with that  long  cool  drink...

" The Lord reigns, let the people  be glad, let the distant shores rejoice, The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his Glory." Psalm 97: 6

3 comments:

  1. Now that looks like the perfect lunch for a hot and humid Virginia day! You are wise to eat lightly. Such a pretty lunch, with a good book -- and a cool house! Who needs to go outside? :-)
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tablescapes! And that fruit looks so inviting. I am making salmon tonight. I don't think that will be too "heavy" for this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty your tablescape for a light lunch looks. It has been so hot around here! I think one of the reasons fall is my favorite season is that it chases the Virginia humidity away!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~