Thursday, February 2, 2012

Can't Help Myself When it Comes to Transferware

Thursday Favorite Things

Photobucket

Blog hopping is so delightful!  And when I found Katherine's Corner it opened the door to  adventures  and new  friends!

This  blog hop meme   gives us the chance to  share things we love...and I love transferware....  my problem is... I have no where to  put anymore  dishes ... which  have definitely become my
true weakness at consignment shops....    
Photobucket
My first love  was this red   dinnerware  which   is so very versatile....   to set a springy    or romantic table...
PhotobucketPhotobucket 
or  lay out a  morning tea for me!Photobucketor even set a festive autumn dinner
Photobucket
a family breakfast spread!

Photobucket
 or to share  yummy yuletide  dessert!
Photobucket
But then I fell for this gorgeous black pattern  by Royal Stafford, The herdsman...  which tells shepherd's story  ...
and  I  absolutely adore sheep!

Photobucket
This pattern has  usurped the red  for  autumn tables!PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket 
Even   a bit  Christmas on  black  is  charming, dont you think!  Of course, it doesn't hurt to mix and  match  with a red  platter  of eggs and ham!
Photobucket
Whatever tone  or mood I  desire...  I find that transferware   is  so versatile and  fun to plan  appealing and welcoming tables around the year!
To follow this theme  visit Katherine's Corner!
I am also joining  Tablescape Thursday.
For more TT be sure to stop in at Between Naps on the Porch! You'll be glad you did!!!

13 comments:

  1. I Love transferware! All colors but especially Red! Lovely tables. XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a weakness for dishes. I collect blue and white, which are too easy to find in every thrift shop I go to. :) I like the black and white. I have never seen them before. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There can never be too much transferware! Good that there are so many wonderful patterns!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Miss Schotzy!!! My eyes are bleeding...Whaddya mean you have nowhere to put anymore dishes??!??!?!! OF COURSE, you do! If you saw my post on "Hoarding: Buried Alive in Dishes & Decor" you know that every inch of real estate is prime and fair game! :-) I also have "The Herdsman" and really love it! I used it for one of the Thanksgiving tables this year, and it was a big hit. Your red transferware is gorgeous, and I can see where it could be used for SO MANY occasions! I like it paired with both the green and blue glasses. So get out there and buy, buy, buy!!! Hoarders love company! :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm visiting and following from Katherine's. Wow! I just want to sit and look at the pictures. I love the tablescapes and can't wait to visit more of your posts. I hope you'll stop by for a visit and follow on my blog. Donna

    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! I can't help myself with transferware either. I love it and don't need another piece. But I'm always tempted!

    Your tablescapes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes -- Transferware just seems to add a very lovely story to our tables. Such pretty patterns you've shared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be perfect to share on Follow Me Fridays. You can link up here:

    http://findingtheinspiring.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-me-to-teatime.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tables are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both sets of your transferware are lovely. I've never seen the black and white before but it is so versatile. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dishes are beautiful. It made me smile that you enjoy the hope so much. It is a perfect way to share your lovely dishware too.Thank you so much for participating in the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Linky Party xoThank you so much for participating in the Thursday Favorite Thins Blog Hop Linky Party xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have lovely transferware and the tablescapes are all so pretty. I hope you continue to share you china in more lovely posts. I am also a lover of transferware and just about all china. Happy Tablscaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~