Friday, February 24, 2012

I Love Baking!

Thursday Favorite Things
Katherine hosts this  blog hop each week   where  participants  share  their favorite things.... 

This morning I  woke up  wanting to  do  some baking....   and I realized that one of my favorite things is  trying new  biscuit and  scone recipes...  this  morning I found this  fabulous recipe...

Biscuit Recipe:

21/2 cups (325 grams) Virginia's Best flour

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon granulated white sugar

1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

2/3 c milk

1 large egg, lightly beaten


Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. Lightly grease baking pan.

In a large mixing bowl,sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs... I just rub the butter into the flour with my fingers. Add the milk and slightly beaten egg and stir until just combined. (The texture should be sticky, moist and lumpy.)

Place mixture on a lightly floured surface. Kneadthe dough gentlyuntil it comes together and is a smooth dough.

Roll out dough to about a 1/2 inch and cut into about 10-12 biscuits... bake for about 10 -15 minutesor until the tops are golden brown a toothpick inserted in the center of the biscuit comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Serve warm with butter. I served these biscuits with a delicious peach jam I bought yesterday at the Amish shop, but they are so flaky and light they would be fabulous with sausage gravy!

Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. I love biscuits hot out of the oven and your look delish! xo P.S. thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Did you get your entry in for the sweetheart giveaway? It ends tomorrow P.P.S. thank you for sharing the hop with your readers too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met a biscuit that I didn't love . I jumped over from Kathers Corner.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~