Wednesday, June 19, 2013

National Pride

I guess  you'd say   that   I  have a lot of national pride...   to   quote Lee Greenwood, Im proud to be an American... having lived in Virginia all my life,  and  taught  Virginia History for 30 years,  I  have immersed myself in  the   tenets of our Founding Fathers,  and revelled  in  patriotic  events.... I   cry at  fly overs...

 I get emotional at marching bands in parades..
I  love   the freedoms we have  always enjoyed in this country  and   I  honor   all  of our military branches who have  served  and/or   paid the ultimate sacrifice  to  keep our nation  strong and free.
 
I   really   enjoy   all the  national holidays we  celebrate  throughout the year... and  love that   several   fall   throughout the summer months....  so I tend to keep  the table  set in  the patriotic reds, and whites, and blues!
Inside,   my table is set for just the two of us...
Again, I  love  an assortment of  various  blue transferware
mix and match is  just my style!
That is what makes collecting so much fun... it doesnt have to be matchy matchy!




 A square of gingham cotton   laid across my   red  print  table cloth  gives it just a  bit of  that homestyle, casual feel for summer.







or  when guests come

or outside..
 photo patriotic2012002.jpg photo patriotic2012001.jpg
 photo patriotic2012006.jpg
I just keep the red, and white, and blues handy all through  late May through July!You never know when you may want to celerate  life in  our wonderful   hometown  or family! 

Or maybe   when you just want to   dine with   the Lord's Word  in thanksgiving for the many blessings he has  given us....  It  is all    same, isnt it?  


Home Party@ Sandi's   Rose Chintz Cottage     
Tablescape Thursday
and   
Thursday Favorite Things

Grace at Home  @ Imparting Grace
Home and Garden at  A Delightsome Life

HGTbtngrey photo HGTbtngrey-1_zps3305ec7e.jpg
 Home Sweet Home@The Charm of Home
Friday Blog Party

4 comments:

  1. a lovely and patriotic setting my friend. Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Patriotism. I, too, am very Patriotic. This post is wonderful, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! I LOVE your tablescape of red, white, and blue! The blue transferware is gorgeous! I am so happy to have you join me at my HOME this week. Happy Summer, my friend!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hydrangeas are perfect for this centerpiece. Very pretty! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~