Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday with Splashes of Blue



Visit Sandra here for more HHM!
The weather.....
a cool,   drizzly 72 today

Right now I am....
I am trying to keep my eyes open... been a tiring  last   few days... but   so  full of joy, as well!

Thinking.... 

I  can't believe what a whirlwind weekend we just enjoyed.  Amanda nad Joshua were here to celebrate the upcoming birth of  their first and our  first   grandchild,  Lil Birdie, with  2   amazing showers!  

Looking forward to...
becoming    Grammy CC in the fullest extent of the  word!

On my reading pile....

Daily Bible reading...Psalms
Daily devotional.. My Utmost for His Highes
Spiritual Warfare by Derek Prince
Random Harvest by James Hilton


On my TV..... 

what is tv??

Blog Hopping
Eleanor's beautiful blog  from Pretoria, South Africa...  , Thatchwick Cottage!  The joy   of blogging   is  discovering  kindred spirits  all  around the world!
Noon shadows
Even though  she lives in a gorgeous thatched    cottage   half way around the world,  we obviously share  so  many   loves  of  home,    family and   happy times in  the same season of life!

On my to do list....

laundry
errands
clean house (this list never changes)
grocery shopping  
put together a memory book   about  the  shower   for my  sweet   Birdie!

In the craft basket.... 
try  to  go to  knitting class  this week if they hold it


Looking around the house....
the remnants of   a   wonderful weekend shared with our   sweet, sweet family

From the camera:

Our  Special   tea luncheon last Friday with   special   and  dear   family and friends  from  Amanda's   life! 

 The shower    held  Saturday.....





 Very  dear friends...



and family.. 
 The coming down from   my adrenalin  rush  and   joy  from the showers , as well as, putting the kids back on the plane for   home this  morning  at 6  has left me at 6's and 7's  today!....

On my prayer list..... 
Our family, parents, daughter ,  Little Birdie*, son-in law, 
Our church, and church family 
our nation, leaders, 
Israel and the Middle East 

Bible verse, Devotional  or  thoughtful  words:

“I think the only answer is to live life to the fullest while you can and collect memories like fools collect money. Because in the end, that's all you have - happy memories.” “A mother is a mother from the moment her baby is first placed in her arms until eternity. It didn't matter if her child were three, thirteen, or thirty.” 
  Smiling Sally here!
Smiling Sally
can you   find a bit of blue throughout   our weekend...  I can!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I found some blue, and I thank you for sharing this wonderfully happy post. What a special mom-to-be she must be to have such an elaborate baby shower thrown for her! That watermelon baby carriage! Wow!

    Happy Blue Monday, Schotzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were two wonderful events! So happy to celebrate with such wonderful friends and family-- special thanks to you, Grammy, & also Grandad, Grandma Nai Nai and Yea Yea for all of their hard work. And Daddy-to-be did a great job with the chocolate covered strawberries and bacon wrapped chicken! yum! :)

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~