Monday, June 24, 2013

The Fairy Tree

Earlier this spring we  were shopping in Plow and Hearth  and I    saw something that   just  touched me in  my heart because of the  precious memories  they evoked in me.  When I was  a little girl  in our side yard we had a  lovely pine tree that  had  a  cottage door shaped  bare  spot on its bark near the ground.  Momma always told me  that was  where the easter bunny lived... inside that tree...so she  always   hid the  easter eggs  around  in that  rock garden...
Easter eggs (Pic: Getty)
source  ..
Imagine my joy when I found   these at Plow and Hearth....can you  find  them on  this table in my sunroom?


  You guessed it...
We have a lovely persimmon tree  right out    by  the patio area..... just   the place   for my   own   magical door and  windows...

source
But  we're not too keen on  easter bunnies  now,,, but   I know fairies  who would love to live  in that tree...


  I am sharing on  these   weekly   parties.... A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life


Cottage Style Linky Party@ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. The little doors are sweet and have such possibilities. Fairy gardens are becoming more popular as the inner child comes out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute! I love your post today. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little fairy door! I have one something like yours in my fairy garden. So cute!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! They look marvelous - what a wonderful way to rekindle precious memories - I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~