Friday, June 28, 2013

Tasty Dish Low Carb



Well,   this is absolutely the   simplest and sweetest  lunch or dinner item I have ever  made and  it  is so delicious, I had to  show and tell about it...    not only that   but my  biologist daugther will be very proud of me....
Ok,  I   hate to admit it, but  my  sugar  has   hit the limit and  Im no loner  pre-diabetic.....   on  a pill now and I   refuse to   be on it long!  So  I am   making a dramatic   change in my  life  and  eating patterns and habits
When I saw this  item on Facebook last night I thought  "umm, that looks much tastier  than the meal I was planning  for   today...and it   was  so much easier and hardly any clean-up!"

Slice the zucchini in half. Slice off the bottom to keep in stable. Brush with olive oil and top with garlic or garlic powder. Top with sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Use mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese or mixed blend..   Take a slice of bacon  and   cut  only the lean  bit   out and   dot the bacon pieces  on each   strip.Bake 375 for 20 to 30 minutes until soft...  

Because I have had hardly a single carb today I splurged and counted out  12  of the very best   fritoes we had....   at  under 20 carbs  that  was  a pretty   tasty  side dish!  hahahaha
These    strips   were   delish.... the only comment  my hubby offered  besides,,    "do we have  extras?"...   was   "next time  add more  cheese!"....  Not a bad  suggestion!!!!
 Oh, ok,   progress report.   in  15 days, Ive lost   7 pounds....   That pleases me!
Simple and Sweet Fridays

3 comments:

  1. yummy! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it this what I want my little house look like

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~