Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sunshine at Last


Today is  so   gorgeous...   after so many days of threatening weather,   rain and torrents of rain....   It felt so good to  just   breathe in the   sweet fresh morning  air..... 
Coffee   and   a  bit of breakfast on the porch while the morning  sun massaged my lower back....    
my very own spa treatment!! 
Time to get out and  enjoy some of the neighbors....

and   after   many weeks of  incapacity to  be able to  to walk due to  some   foot problems  Lynn       and I  got out and   walked  this morning...

 The first view  I ever saw of our home was  a photo in a realtor's magazine  taken  from the back... goodness that was 25 years ago  this month..  it makes sense because that is  the main entrance to our home...  but  25 years ago   our yard was all shady...   huge maples  spread their  lovely branches  to shade  the house....  now  we wait patiently for the  replacement trees to grow...


\\
Our walk took us over  across the street to the  school yard..OOps.. looks like I need to straighten that   table cloth on the porch!  hahahahahah



I always wondered how  Amanda felt   everyday   at school,   especially  in the  afternoon program  when I   might be late picking her up.... 

 I bet she  thought, "if only I could just go  on home"... but alas, we were not latchkey parents... 
and you know be it ever so humble there is no place like home  still   resonates with me now...  well,  especially now that the playground stands  quiet and   peace pervades  the   neighborhood!  hahahahahah
A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

Inspire Me Tuesday@ A Stroll Thru Life



Cottage Style Linky Party@ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. You have such a pretty home. I bet your daughter used to long for home time, it must have been torture to see it so near and yet so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice that you were able to get out to walk and to enjoy the beautiful sunny day. There has been a lot of rain in so many areas lately -we're expecting more today - Your home does look inviting and I love how you were not latchkey parents and you're right - there definitely is no place like home. I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. KEEP UP THE GOOD WALKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

    love you both,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~