Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


Visit Sandra here for more HHM!
The weather.....
 Blustery, cloudy day with temps   gradually  declining to the single digits by nightfall....   fierce wind chills  overnight! BRBRRRRRR!
Right now I am....
unloading  my  morning  agenda from my  tempest tossed brain...  trying to get my ducks in a row and stay on top of all the  paperwork that  comes to  an only child when parents face end of life issues and elder care.
Thinking.... 
goody....Lynn just got home from the grocer and soon he and I can have some face time with our  favorite girls!
One of them fits in this   precious little jacket!
Looking forward to...
getting paper work and the  last remaining  thank yous   finished and  then maybe  think about  taking down the Christmas tree....  it is Epiphany, after all.
On my reading pile....
I am reading 
 An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor
A Better Way to Pray by Andrew Wommack
Father's Love Letter, An Intimate Message from God to You by Barry Adams.... such a sweet book, especially  after the passing of my own dad!
Everyday Prayers..365 Days of Gospel Centered Faith, by Scotty Smith
On my TV..... 
Downton Abbey 
I enjoy Andrew Wommack's    program on TBN
Blog Hopping
A Little R and R
If you're looking for inspiration  of a spiritual kind.....    you'll love her   site! 
On my to do list....
Well,  I was out and about  all morning  trying to get  ahead of the game for  weekly chores because the weather  is  getting brutal....
I have  a boatload of  laundry to put away and  try to keep the house   organized  that our dearest Amanda helped us do so well while she was here.
Try to think of something for supper....  ever just not been in a cooking mood.... at all!!!!


Looking around the house....



Well, last week,  I saw this.....   this week  it is pretty quiet  and the sunroom is   closed up tight as Dick's hatband!   brrrrrrrr

From the camera:

Last Thursday  we prayer Sista's  got together  for  some  new year  celebrating and  planning for the upcoming prayer event in February....It was a celebration of light  and the Spirit was  with us so that made 7.. the perfect number!
On my prayer list..... 
Our family, parents, daughter ,  Little Birdie*, son-in law, 
Our church, and church family 
our nation, leaders, 
Israel and the Middle East 

Bible verse, Devotional  or  thoughtful  words:
Andrew Wommack for



January 6th 

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Luke 1:37, 
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."
LUKE 1:26-38


What a statement! If we just believed this, how different our lives would be!

From birth we are trained to know our limitations. You can't have this. Don't touch that. Don't put things in your mouth. You can't touch the fire. On and on the list goes.

As we grow up, it's actually a sign of maturity to recognize our limitations and learn to live within them. There are limits to everything. It's a fact of life.

But God has no limits. When we enter into the realm of the supernatural, we have to take off all the limits. We have to renew our minds with the truth that God is not like us. He can do anything.

We have an awesome God whose power is so great that we can't even comprehend it. He created the universe and it didn't even tax His ability. Yet many times we find ourselves wondering if our situation is too hard for the Lord. We can't see how even God can pull us through.

The Lord said to Jeremiah, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" (Jer. 32:27) The answer is a resounding NO! The only thing that limits God is our unbelief (Dt. 7:17). Today, let's honor God by believing that nothing is too difficult for Him.




2 comments:

  1. That has got to be the cutest baby on the couch, oh my goodness :)

    Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the candles on the table. It always seem like the perfect centerpiece with me, and now that my littles are old enough not to touch, I really should make more of an effort to dress up the dinner table. Hope you'll stop by and say Hi later. Beth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~