Visit Sandra here for more HHM!
As I look outside my window:::
we are enjoying a steady rain, which is a
good thing because the snow level for the
season is down in our area. The temp is 43.
Right now I am:::
I am enjoying Pandora
as I type.....
one of my favorite artists is Kevin Kern...
if you are into
Pandora check out his music.....
so soulful.
Thinking and pondering:::
I find myself
desiring to be able to do the many
tasks of life,
but I am very unmotivated.....
just because I
consider my blog my online
journal I suppose
I ought to document
my
innermost
sensations.... I am feeling the
terrible loss of my dad who
passed away in
December,,,I am
bemoaning the apparent
loss of my mother who
is ravaged with the
onset of dementia, I
am overwhelmed with
the pile of to-do
paperwork that is looming
before me but I just
dont want to deal with it.
I am heartsick
that in the last week
the scales
have moved up about
6 pounds, I know
that God is allowing
me to be tested in all
of these areas, and I
do desire more than
anything to be an
overcomer,,,, but it's
like can I just do that tomorrow?
On my bedside table:::
Jonathan Cahn's, The Harbinger
Alexander McCall
Smith's,
The World According to Bertie
On my tv tonight:::
OH, how I wanted to finish Lost Weekend
last night with Ray Milland and Jane Wyman,
but as a couple we had been looking
forward to watching
Downton Abbey so
I switched over.....
Now I must find a way
to finish Lost
Weekend..one great old film
I had never seen before.
Listening to:::
Pandora, Paul Cardall, Jesus Said Love Everyone
(Paul Cardall is
a marvelous pianist and
arranger with an awesome testimony)
On the menu for this week:::
Monday - chili
and tossed salad
Tuesday - broiled roughy
Wednesday - stuffed porkchops
Thursday - leftovers Im sure, hehhehehe
Friday - hotdogs and slawOn my to do list:::
put clothes away
redo the dining
tables arrangements
put the chili on
...we let it slow cook
on the stove
Plans for this week:::
Monday - little of
this and that around
the house
Tuesday - car to
dealership for
regular tune-up
a bit of shopping
finish devotional for tomorrow
Wednesday -Garden Club
church services
Thursday - take breakfast to mom
and visit
Friday - allergy shot
Christians United to Pray Event
see our prayer guide
listed under
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still trying to work
on my ruffle
knit scarf... and
birds for Birdie's
mobile
My simple pleasure:::
Seeing my dearest
bringing me my
first cuppa coffee
every morning.
Lesson learned the past week:::
last week I referred to an amazing adventure we were planning a but I didnt want to share about leaving home online so now I will share a bit of the tale...
Last week Lynn and I
had the great
pleasure of
traveling by Amtrak up
north to see our
precious girls...however,
I learned I am a fair weather traveller.
I know my ancestors were pioneers,
but travelling anywhere during a
blizzard isnt exactly my cup of tea...
But I learned that God was going
along with us..
going before us making
a way, even when everything inside of
me was anticipating a negative
outcome..
"Now folks, dont panic even though the doors of the train
are frozen shut, we'll find a way for you to debark at your stop."
However, my spirit learned this truth
when we arrived
back home and again it was
snowing
and about
7 degrees... Upon stepping
down the four steps
of the train there
it was ... the great divide one steps over
onto the completely iced over brick
walkway ....
No one there
to catch me except the Father, himself..
Knowing I did not wish to fall through
the divide, I just
cried out silently, "Father, catch me"....
as I took a flying leap out and over...
and He did...catch me.... I never stumbled, slid, or anything...
and He did...catch me.... I never stumbled, slid, or anything...
. I learned when we know our limitations
He takes over ...He is always there!
Looking around the house:::
Not looking too
badly.... but I am trying
to muster up a creative spark to redo
the dining table decor... we'll see!
From the camera:::
Prayer List:::
This week's prayer guide for our event
on Friday includes:
How beautiful upon the mountains are
the feet of him who brings good news, who
publishes peace, who
brings good news
of happiness, who publishes salvation, who
says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” Isaiah 52:7
World and Israel
Unbelievers in ALL the nations –
that they would seek
to know the
ONE true and ONLY God
Missionaries and miraculous signs –
to open the door to the Gospel,
Bibles for believers
Those who are persecuted for
their faith – and for
those who
persecute
Against Human Trafficking and for
those who are
enslaved
Wisdom for Netanyahu and
safety of Israeli people
Israelis to
recognize Jesus Christ
as the Messiah
Blessing for ministries that help
Jews return to
Israel Isaiah 43:5-6
America to stand with Israel
Genesis 12:3
USA – Return to a
Nation Under God
Petitions, prayers, intercession
and thanksgiving be made for
all those in
authority 1 Tim 2:1-2
Wise leaders who serve the
Lord with fear Psalm
2:10-11
Upholding our freedoms, Separation of powers
as outlined in the Constitution
Righteous judges and judgments
in every court John
7:24
Safety for those who serve
in our military
Fairness, integrity
and
truth in our media
Sanctity of human life
Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm
139:13-16, Job 31:15
2014 elections
Personal Sanctification and Church Revival
We seek first the kingdom of God (Matt 6:33)
fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen
you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous
right hand. Isaiah 41:10
That we love one another as Christ
first loved us John 13:34;
that we might
help people to know
Jesus Christ,
understand
relationship with Him,
and accept Him as their
Lord and Savior Matt
28:19-20
That we see the needs around us and
move in godly ways to
serve others
Families to be centered on and
serve Jesus Christ
Joshua 24:15;
and return to
Biblical values
For our Pastors and Elders
I Thess 5:12-13, I Tim 5:17-18
Boldness for Pastors to address
current issues
& courage
for believers to
stand for righteousness
For unity among the Bible based churches
Praise and Thanksgiving!
Lord, our Lord, how
majestic is your
name in all the earth!
Psalm 8:1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures
forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you
and praise your name,
for in perfect
faithfulness you have
done wonderful
things, things
planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1
For the earth will be filled with the
knowledge of the
glory of the Lord Habakkuk 2:14
Praise and glory and wisdom and
thanks and honor and power and strength
be to our God for
ever and ever. Revelation 7:
Bible verse, Devotional:::
Today's devotional at Derek Prince Ministries
result of
righteousness in the Christian life:
“The work of righteousness will be peace,
and the effect of righteousness, quietness
and assurance forever” (Isaiah 32:17).
in that verse: peace,
quietness, and assurance.
They all come from the realization that we
have been made
righteous with the
righteousness of Jesus Christ.
“For the kingdom of
God is not eating
and drinking, but righteousness and peace
and joy in the Holy
Spirit.”
righteousness brings boldness; today,
we add to that peace, quietness, assurance,
and joy. All these
things are products of
righteousness. If we do not receive Christ’s
righteousness by
faith, we will struggle and
try to attain all these other characteristics
without ever achieving them. It is pathetic
to see Christians trying to be joyful or peaceful,
or trying to be relaxed
or assured. Someone
has told them they ought to be. But it is my
experience that when they really get the
assurance of sin’s
forgiveness and righteousness
by faith, they will
find it just happens.
Joy flows naturally. Peace comes without effort.
Assurance is present.
Boldness expresses itself.
The root problem is
getting people to
realize that they have been made righteous
with the righteousness of Jesus Christ.



hello from a fellow happy homemaker! thank you for the lovely Bible thoughts and the music recommendations!
ReplyDeleteThat was quite an Amtrak adventure too - I took the Amtrak from St. Louis to Chicago last February - thankfully the weather was cold but nothing else dangerous!! :)