Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday



Visit Sandra here for more HHM!


As I look outside my window:::
we are enjoying a steady rain, which is a
good thing because the snow level  for the

season is down in our area. The temp is 43.


Right now I am::: 
I am  enjoying Pandora as I type..... 
one of my favorite artists is Kevin Kern...
 if you are into Pandora   check out his music.....  

so   soulful.

Thinking and pondering:::
I find myself  desiring  to   be able to do the many
 tasks  of life,  but   I am   very unmotivated.....
  just because I consider my blog  my online
journal I suppose  I  ought to  document  my
innermost  sensations....  I am feeling   the
terrible loss of my dad who  passed away in
December,,,I am  bemoaning the   apparent
loss of my mother  who is ravaged with the
onset of dementia,  I am overwhelmed with
 the pile of  to-do  paperwork  that  is looming
 before me but I just dont  want to deal with it.
 I am heartsick that  in the last  week  the scales
 have moved up  about  6 pounds, I    know
that  God is allowing me to be tested in all
of these areas, and  I do  desire more than
 anything to be an overcomer,,,,  but it's

 like  can I just do that tomorrow?


On my bedside table:::
Jonathan Cahn's, The Harbinger

 Alexander McCall Smith's,
The World According to Bertie


On my tv tonight:::
OH, how I wanted to finish Lost Weekend
 last night with  Ray Milland and  Jane Wyman,
 but  as a couple we  had been looking
 forward to watching Downton Abbey so
I switched over.....  Now I must  find a way
to finish  Lost Weekend..one  great old film

I had never seen before.

Listening to:::

Pandora, Paul Cardall, Jesus Said Love Everyone
(Paul Cardall is   a  marvelous pianist and
arranger with an awesome testimony)

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - chili  and  tossed salad
Tuesday - broiled roughy
Wednesday - stuffed porkchops
Thursday - leftovers Im sure, hehhehehe
Friday - hotdogs and slaw

On my to do list:::
put clothes away
redo the  dining tables arrangements
  put the chili on ...we  let it  slow cook
on the stove


Plans for this week:::

Monday -   little of this and that around
the house
Tuesday - car to  dealership for  
regular  tune-up
  a bit of shopping
finish devotional for tomorrow
Wednesday -Garden Club
church  services
Thursday - take breakfast to mom
and visit
Friday - allergy shot
Christians United to Pray Event
see our  prayer guide listed  under
Prayer list below

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Still  trying to work on my  ruffle
knit scarf... and   birds  for Birdie's
mobile


My simple pleasure:::


Seeing my dearest  bringing me my
  first cuppa coffee every morning.


Lesson learned the past week:::
last week I referred to   an amazing adventure we  were  planning  a   but I didnt want to share about  leaving home  online  so  now I  will   share a bit of   the tale...

Last week   Lynn and I had the   great
  pleasure of traveling by Amtrak up
north to see our   precious girls...however,
 I  learned I am a fair weather traveller. 
 I know  my ancestors were pioneers,
but travelling anywhere during a
blizzard isnt exactly my cup of tea...
But I learned that  God  was  going
along with us..   going before us making
a way, even when everything inside of
me was  anticipating a negative  outcome..
 of course, it didnt help that the conductor would be say,  
"Now folks, dont panic even though the doors of the train
are  frozen shut,  we'll find a way  for you to  debark at your stop."

However, my spirit learned this truth when we  arrived
back  home and  again it was  snowing
 and  about  7 degrees... Upon  stepping
down the  four steps of the train there
it was ... the great divide one steps over
onto  the  completely iced over  brick
 walkway ....  No one  there
 to catch me  except the Father, himself..
Knowing I did not wish to fall  through
the divide, I just  cried out silently, "Father, catch me"....
 as I took a flying leap  out and over...
and He did...catch me.... I  never  stumbled, slid,  or anything...
.  I learned  when we know our limitations 
He takes over ...He is always there!


Looking around the house:::

Not looking  too badly.... but I am trying
 to muster up   a creative spark to redo
the dining table decor... we'll see!


From the camera:::

Looking so forward to our next  google chat with my  beautiful girls.


Prayer List:::

This week's prayer guide for our event
on Friday includes:

How beautiful upon the mountains are
the feet of him who brings good news, who
 publishes peace, who brings good news
of happiness, who publishes salvation, who
says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”  Isaiah 52:7

World  and  Israel
Unbelievers in ALL the nations –
 that they would seek to know the
 ONE true and ONLY God
Missionaries and miraculous signs –
to open the door to the Gospel,
 Bibles for believers
Those who are persecuted for
 their faith – and for those who
 persecute
Against Human Trafficking and for
 those who are enslaved
Wisdom for Netanyahu and
safety of Israeli people
Israelis to recognize Jesus Christ
 as the Messiah
Blessing for ministries that help
 Jews return to Israel  Isaiah 43:5-6
America to stand with Israel  Genesis 12:3


USA –  Return to a Nation Under God

Petitions, prayers, intercession
and thanksgiving be made for
 all those in authority  1 Tim 2:1-2
Wise leaders who serve the
Lord with fear   Psalm 2:10-11
Upholding our freedoms, Separation of powers
as outlined in the Constitution 
Righteous judges and judgments
in every court   John 7:24
Safety for those who serve
in our military
Fairness,  integrity and
truth in our media   
Sanctity of human life 
  Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:13-16, Job 31:15
2014 elections

Personal Sanctification and Church Revival  

We seek first the kingdom of God (Matt 6:33)
fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
 I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous
 right hand.   Isaiah 41:10 
That we love one another as Christ
 first loved us  John 13:34;   that we might
 help people to know Jesus Christ,
 understand relationship with Him,
and accept Him as their
Lord and Savior   Matt 28:19-20
That we see the needs around us and
 move in godly ways to serve others
Families to be centered on and
serve Jesus Christ  Joshua 24:15;
 and return to Biblical values
For our Pastors and Elders  
I Thess 5:12-13, I Tim 5:17-18
Boldness for Pastors to address
 current issues & courage
 for believers to stand for righteousness
For unity among the Bible based churches

Praise and Thanksgiving!

Lord, our Lord,  how majestic is your
name in all the earth!   Psalm 8:1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
 his love endures forever.   1 Chronicles 16:34 
Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you
 and praise your name, for in perfect
 faithfulness you have done wonderful
 things, things planned long ago.  Isaiah 25:1
For the earth will be filled with the
 knowledge of the glory of the Lord    Habakkuk 2:14  
Praise and glory and wisdom and
thanks and honor and power and strength

 be to our God for ever and ever.   Revelation 7:

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Today's devotional at Derek Prince Ministries

 Peace and Assurance

 In the book of Isaiah, we read about another
 result of righteousness in the Christian life:
“The work of righteousness will be peace,
and the effect of righteousness, quietness
and assurance forever” (Isaiah 32:17).

 Three products of righteousness are given
 in that verse: peace, quietness, and assurance.
They all come from the realization that we
 have been made righteous with the
righteousness of Jesus Christ.

 Another result is described in Romans 14:17:
 “For the kingdom of God is not eating
and drinking, but righteousness and peace
 and joy in the Holy Spirit.”

 Yesterday’s reading showed us that
righteousness brings boldness; today,
we add to that peace, quietness, assurance,
 and joy. All these things are products of
righteousness. If we do not receive Christ’s
 righteousness by faith, we will struggle and
try to attain all these other characteristics
without ever achieving them. It is pathetic
to see Christians trying to be joyful or peaceful,
 or trying to be relaxed or assured. Someone
has told them they ought to be. But it is my
experience that when they really get the
 assurance of sin’s forgiveness and righteousness
 by faith, they will find it just happens.
Joy flows naturally. Peace comes without effort.
 Assurance is present. Boldness expresses itself.
 The root problem is getting people to
realize that they have been made righteous

with the righteousness of Jesus Christ.




1 comment:

  1. hello from a fellow happy homemaker! thank you for the lovely Bible thoughts and the music recommendations!
    That was quite an Amtrak adventure too - I took the Amtrak from St. Louis to Chicago last February - thankfully the weather was cold but nothing else dangerous!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~