Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday





Visit Sandra here for more HHM!

As I look outside my window:::

It is late afternoon.. the temps never exceeded the mid- thirties...

Right now I am::: 

I am trying to forget that my sniffles are trying to get the best of me......I refuse to get a cold..... been fighting this one off for a while now..

Thinking and pondering:::

There is so much going on in the physical world... in my own family,,, church.... community... country... world.... and as it is in the physical so it is in the spiritual..... there is a battle to be fought and won..through the weapons of our warfare... Eph. 6 says...

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. 15 As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. 16 With all of these,[c]take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints.
These are perilous days...  the foundations are  crumbling,  and     I truly   fear   with a righteous fear of God, that if our nation doesn't  repent and turn back to Him,   His judgment  may  be upon us....I know this is a lot to ponder,  but it is on my mind a lot....

On my bedside table:::
Holy Fire, by RT Kendall

On my tv tonight:::

we taped  Downton Abbey last night as we went to church, so we get to watch it tonight! YAYAYAYA


Listening to:::
My  dearest, Lynn,   shuffling about in the kitchen,,, making me some  soup for supper... hopefully, it will   relieve  my throat!

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - soup and  cheese sandwich
Tuesday - broiled cod, cole slaw, 
Wednesday - sloppy joes,  tossed salad
Thursday - Valentine Banquet
Friday - havent decided...something Lynn likes

On my to do list:::
put clothes away
Luncheon  with  the girls
reading
Bible Study

Plans for this week:::

Monday -   little of this and that around
the house
Tuesday - finish   this week's Beth Moore study homework
Krogering
Wednesday -
church  services
Thursday - visit with mom
Valentine Banquet
Friday - allergy shot


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

  birds  for Birdie's
mobile


My simple pleasure:::

Time spent in  studying His word!
Lessons learned:
just as is stated  so many times in   the Bible  to  think  before you speak....  for the power of  the  spoken word   can be used for  good  or bad...last night I realized    that  the  two offensive  weapons we have in our arsenal is  using our tongue....   to  speak God's Word and to  pray in the Spirit....  any other use of the tongue really needs thoughtful   consideration  before speaking.  I want to be  considered thoughtful in  all my relationships  and  to hold my tongue....  until  what I  have to say is either loving,  edifying,  or   positive feedback..otherwise, I am believing it is just as well to  remain silent,,,

Looking around the house:::

Do I have to??
Well,  it has looked worse...

From the camera:::

Thinking about  our precious  daughter  when she was 4  and  the flower girl in  a cousin's wedding!


Prayer List:::

Last week's prayer guide for our event
  was  so  complete, I   will repost it this week...

How beautiful upon the mountains are
the feet of him who brings good news, who
 publishes peace, who brings good news
of happiness, who publishes salvation, who
says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”  Isaiah 52:7

World  and  Israel
Unbelievers in ALL the nations –
 that they would seek to know the
 ONE true and ONLY God
Missionaries and miraculous signs –
to open the door to the Gospel,
 Bibles for believers
Those who are persecuted for
 their faith – and for those who
 persecute
Against Human Trafficking and for
 those who are enslaved
Wisdom for Netanyahu and
safety of Israeli people
Israelis to recognize Jesus Christ
 as the Messiah
Blessing for ministries that help
 Jews return to Israel  Isaiah 43:5-6
America to stand with Israel  Genesis 12:3


USA –  Return to a Nation Under God

Petitions, prayers, intercession
and thanksgiving be made for
 all those in authority  1 Tim 2:1-2
Wise leaders who serve the
Lord with fear   Psalm 2:10-11
Upholding our freedoms, Separation of powers
as outlined in the Constitution 
Righteous judges and judgments
in every court   John 7:24
Safety for those who serve
in our military
Fairness,  integrity and
truth in our media   
Sanctity of human life 
  Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:13-16, Job 31:15
2014 elections

Personal Sanctification and Church Revival  

We seek first the kingdom of God (Matt 6:33)
fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
 I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous
 right hand.   Isaiah 41:10 
That we love one another as Christ
 first loved us  John 13:34;   that we might
 help people to know Jesus Christ,
 understand relationship with Him,
and accept Him as their
Lord and Savior   Matt 28:19-20
That we see the needs around us and
 move in godly ways to serve others
Families to be centered on and
serve Jesus Christ  Joshua 24:15;
 and return to Biblical values
For our Pastors and Elders  
I Thess 5:12-13, I Tim 5:17-18
Boldness for Pastors to address
 current issues & courage
 for believers to stand for righteousness
For unity among the Bible based churches

Praise and Thanksgiving!

Lord, our Lord,  how majestic is your
name in all the earth!   Psalm 8:1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
 his love endures forever.   1 Chronicles 16:34 
Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you
 and praise your name, for in perfect
 faithfulness you have done wonderful
 things, things planned long ago.  Isaiah 25:1
For the earth will be filled with the
 knowledge of the glory of the Lord    Habakkuk 2:14  
Praise and glory and wisdom and
thanks and honor and power and strength

 be to our God for ever and ever.   Revelation 7:

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Today's devotional at Derek Prince Ministries
Psalm 119:127-128

Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path. NIV

What’s your attitude towards God’s commands? Do you fear them? Do you resent them? Do you try to get away from them? That’s a foolish attitude.

Remember, God gave His commands to us not to create problems for us but to solve them, not to harm us but to help us. God’s love is in His commands. They are given to save us from ourselves, to save us from evil, to show us the way out of our difficulties and our problems.

The psalmist had learned that, that’s why he said to God, “I love your commands more that gold, more than pure gold.” What is more precious than gold? Nothing in this created world. But God’s commands are infinitely more precious and the psalmist had learned that. Instead of running from God’s commands, resenting them, obeying them reluctantly, he said, “I love your commands more than pure gold.”

And then he said, “Because I consider all Your precepts right, I hate every wrong path.” You see, when we love God’s commands and obey them; automatically they reveal to us what is wrong. They show us how to distinguish between good and evil, between what is beneficial and what is harmful. And when we are walking in the light of God’s commands, they keep us from everything harmful, from everything hurtful, from every wrong path.


1 comment:

  1. Awwww she is so sweet, what an adorable picture :) And I love your birds.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~