Saturday, February 8, 2014

Just Write!

Five-Minute Fridays
Five-Minute Fridays
Want to join Lisa Jo. Here are the rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.
This week's topic...write!
I suppose that is the purpose of my blog..  writing has always been my  love....  when I taught third and fourth grades, oh, how I loved  writing class.. teaching all the elements of creative writing..  fairy tales,  stories,  essays, journal writing...  anything to  get them into  the daily use of words....  the play on words,  alliteration,  puns,  figurative speech.  I  loved to write along with the class  then  when we shared   our  compositions in class,   it was always so fun to  have the   children critic my writing... sometimes  I purposefully  erred  to  see them  enjoy  the corrections....  but always   instilling in   those precious minds   the purpose and  thrill of writing... for  assignments and pleasure...   when I retired  my children  encouraged  me to  find a way to  write everyday.  Hence,  the  creation of  Wings of Eagles..oh, to have the time these days   to write...   for   the time spent online for me  then was  dedicated  to   sharing  the  blessings and   gleanings of   the Lord's  work and presence in my life. In these hectic days,  I find  that life just doesnt  allow  for   the journaling hours of the past,   but  in each post I do  attempt to sprinkle  in the  wonders of God's love and  empowerment  of his Spirit.  These two  truths are so   prominent in my  spiritual   evidences  of  Him  on  a daily basis and  these  two   manifestations   are my heart's desire to share as   I am able  when I write.
Stop!

3 comments:

  1. What a great take on the prompt! I bet your students still have a special appreciation for words that lead to thoughts that lead to stories. Glad I was your neighbor at FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words on the prompt from Lisa. Glad to connect here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not get my credentials to be verified so had to use my google account. My site has been redesigned at http://angiekaywebb.com.
    Glad to connect here from FMF> Good words.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~