Monday, February 3, 2014

Specialteas with my Sweethearts!








As I sit here trying to catch up a bit on my blogging  I am  enjoying  a warming  cup of Tazo Zen tea  with  my medicinal  teaspoonful of  cinnamon...
I am remembering    where I was a week ago today.... even though there was  a threat of snow,  Amanda  felt we needed to  get out of the house and  do something  so...   she  chose my favorite past- time...she drove us  to Northboro, MA to a lovely  afternoon tearoom...
an easy drive to this  beautiful Victorian  dwelling...




for   the tastiest luncheon 
tarragon   chicken salad.
and a bowl of  potato and leek soup  served up on  home baked bread...lovely..

Lynn  had   a  spectacular quesadilla and   New England cole slaw... 

our  tea of the day  was  a favorite...Scottish blend!


   
I am only sorry  I failed to  photograph  our   delectable  sweets...  I ordered  an array of mini scones.... blueberry,  cinnamon chip  , and cranberry  scones....  oh my....   the cinnamon chip  was  awesome....  I never knew you could  purchase cinnamon chips in the nestle  chip  section of the grocer!
This photo   does  serve to show just how   lovely the dessert selections  are there!


Our  beautiful daughter makes  the perfect tea  companion  along with my dearest!

You can  tell the vintage  atmosphere was  so   cheery...IM peeking over Birdie's stroller to peer into the next room...BTW, Birdie was so good she was invited back!




 Even though the  snow  was  flurrying,,,  we were  feeling  quite cosy inside

 I  am already looking forward to  our next visit....  and I know what I will get....  but you'll have to wait til then  to find out what!



A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

Martha’s Favorites @ Martha’s Favorites


Tea Time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage


Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations




Friends Sharing Tea @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

Share Your Cup Thursday@ http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Cottage Style Linky Party@ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you shared this and what you ate. There food looked delicious and for some reason I have been forgetting to put tarragon in my chicken salad so I am printing this out as a reminder! So glad you linked at Friends Sharing Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: That place looks wonderful. Everything looks delicious. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same brown and pink tiered cake stand(I have the whole set of 7 pieces) love what you wrote so poetic about being an eaglet and love your hutch filled with tea pots. so cute.Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a wonderful tea room. Your food looks delicious. Your daughter is really a cutie!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tea room! The treats look lovely and the atmosphere no doubt was very cozy. So glad you enjoyed your outing and thank you for sharing it with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a beautiful Tea Room - I wish there were more close to us! What a delightful visit with gorgeous food - I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~