Monday, October 17, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book



For Today...October 17, 2016
Outside my window...
It is a cool  morning with  a lazy  sunrise...  the fog is  burning off now though!

I am thinking...
how quickly our family holidays are  rushing upon us...   we are  celebrating  earlier than usual .. you know how it is with  merging families!  Anyway... it will be here in a matter of weeks.. and  I have  done  hardly any shopping..  But this is  going to be a wonderful  holiday season...  we are going to  be visiting our daughter in  their new home.. and  I have vowed that I will not interfere  with  "doing"  meaning  impressing my  holiday tradition of  her family..  But I plan to stand aside and allow her to  begin her own  traditions in  her new home...I will be  glad to  help out in any way she directs me...  but the baton is being passed!

I am thankful...
 You Tube   videos...  right now I am listening to Ravi Zacharias teaching   from one of his recent conferences...  This is a wonder of the internet...  to  be  at  events all around the world from our very own kitchen!   That is a blessing! This teaching is on  the Uniqueness of Jesus  from Atlanta, Georgia.

I am wearing...
my  maxi length  house  dress  that  I  found din a   box downstairs . I used to wear this  orange     very comfy  dress  years ago...  but it  got a bit tight so I packed it away...  Now it is  loose.. yayayayaya  and still so comfy!!!!

I am creating...
Ok....  I have  stated this  at least  3 or 4 times.. but  time is getting  very short.... and I have got to  DO it!!  I  must set up my new sewing machine and  sew  3 Christmas gifts  for  the  gals in my life... my daughter, and  2  tots... Lord, help me to get this done!!!!!

I am wondering...
if Hubs is going to allow me to  re- turn on the  air conditioning  this week...  He  usually is  very  stoic on this issue..  but  starting today and through Thursday   the temps here are  back up to  the high 80's... I may have  to do a bit of sneaking around  to  get a bit of A/c  ....    but  surely this will be the last  blast of summer. this weekend it is back to low sixties!!

I am reading...
Bible Study, Entrusted, by BethMoore
Jesus Calling  Devotional 
1Thessalonians

I am learning...
to be more thankful in the  small mercies...  because  we never know  when things could change so  dramatically  even the small mercies would be lost to us!
Image result for faucet with water drawingImage result for lamplight

I am hoping...
with my  whole being to see  our nation  turn more and more  back to  the knowledge   and  relevance of God


I am learning...  and this is my  current motto::
to  try to make the most of each  realm of my  existence each day..
  physical...  mental...  spiritual!

In my garden...
I have to   give my  angel wing begonia  a  hand of applause...   she has  withstood  weeks of  drought and  summer  sun....    yet,  continues to  bless  us with her  happy  beauty.   


In my kitchen...
hubs has  put  in an order for a spaghetti  pasta dish  today...

I need to get it  on  pretty soon.  He likes  a sauce that  simmers  most of the day!!!

Image result for pizzaiola sauce
A favorite quote/scripture for today...
Image result for jesus christ is lord

Believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and profess it  with your mouth.. and you will be saved!!

    One of my favorite things...

well, this used to be  a  regular  answer...  but then I    got to be   with my girls  and there following they were travelling and unavailable for a few weeks..  so now  it is tantamount on my mind  once again...  FACETIME!!!


From the board room... Pinned from my board...
A yummy  autumn  meal...  
Brie and fruit pair wonderfully together.....topping them together on pizza is even more amazing. The cheese is able to melt and the grapes add a burst of sweetness and the thin, grilled crisp crust of the flatbread provides the perfect delivery. Grilled Grape Brie and Arugula Flatbread Pizza recipe at TidyMom.net:
Cheryl Sousan | Tidymom.net

Recipe from

Cheryl Sousan | Tidymom.net



Post Script





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~