Monday, October 31, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book



For Today...October 31, 2016
Outside my window...

This was actually yesterday's  beautiful sunrise in the mountains of NC.
I am thinking...
what a marvelous weekend we enjoyed with our cousin  at their  fabulous cabin home . 
  I  got my wish..  to enjoy  the porch  fireplace  as we  watched  the  World Series!!!  What a fire!!! 

I love mountain living!


I am thankful...
to get to see the  glorious  autumn colors  this weekend...  Our colors  around here  have been negligible..  but  Saturday when we took the Polaris out  driving  around the mountian  it  was awesome!!!



Grandfather Mountain in the  background!!! 



I am wearing....
my flannel  lounging   pj's.. yes.. so comfy~~

I am creating...
I  have actually  cleared my  dining (sewing) table and  am prepared to start  my sewing project ... one step in the right direction!

I am wondering...
about  the  hours I spent this morning  online ordering  for Christmas... Hoping  that  in its totality  it  all goes together I  manner in which I hope it does...  Christmas for us will be  just  a few weeks away!!


I am reading...
Jesus Calling  Devotional 
1Thessalonians
Mr. Miracle by Debbie Macomber

I am learning...
to take more chances in life and do the things that heretofore I enver imagined I could do!!  And it is FUN!!

I am hoping...
with my  whole being to see  our nation  turn more and more  back to  the knowledge   and  relevance of God


I am learning...  and this is my  current motto::
to  try to make the most of each  realm of my  existence each day..
  physical...  mental...  spiritual!

In my garden...
the muted colors of autumn on a  grey day!





In my kitchen...
nothing planned..
I know that sounds terrible.. but   I have been busy today...
Hubs did  get the marketing done...  so there is food,  I just  have no ideas at this time~

A favorite quote/scripture for today...
Image result for amos 3 :7

I am praying this scripture into being  as I have  heard that many  prophetic words  of the present   are  saying  that  God has  heard our  cries and and that the  election has  already been decided in the heavenly courts...

    One of my favorite things...
spending time  with our girls...  Our daughter  told me this morning on the phone that our 3 year old grand  precious,  Birdie  said,,  maybe  Gaa Gaa  and  Baa Baa  could move next door...  I'm still  beaming with that one!!!


From the board room... Pinned from my board...

Pumpkin Roulade
yum

Post Script
Image result for autumn harvest festival


"Youth is like spring, an over-praised season more remarkable for biting winds than genial breezes. 
Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits."
- Samuel Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~