If you have been following my blog you know how much I love planning a tea. This link will refer back to my plans for the Book Chat Tea I am planning for late March.. a recent post told how my theme is inspired by CS Lewis partly because
of his wonderful tea quote:'
"You can't get a cup of tea big enough
or a book long enough to suit me."
And because of his love of books!
I have been working on the house a bit more..in the earlier post I showed how I rearranged the furniture for cozy chatting, but I have been working now on decor, the menu, and some favors.
One of the favors is found here.
( A gorgeous template for a CS Lewis bookmark)
Because I am using my blue and white china I was bringing out my blue hydrangeas along with the early springs ...besides, blue hydrangeas make me so happy!
I am also so very excited to be using my new framed blackboard... Seeing these on Pinterest just pulled me right in..I was going to try to make one until I found this one at AC Moore...the perfect foil for sharing my tea party menu!
I mentioned in my earlier post that the room arrangement was a work in progress... there were remnants of Christmas past still in evidence...
Now there are more hydrangeas
mixed in with potted plants ...Springtime greens set in diamante is always a good choice!
The wall hanger has lost its yule look and now is the mass of meadow glasses with a regal hydrangea or two!
So now Id say the reading parlor is draped for the occasion
As my If Teacups Could Talk book says, it is best to take tea out of doors, but if you can't bring the outdoors in!"
Uh, oh.... Even as I pan around the parlor I glimpse a bit of left over valentine roses in the dining room....
well, onward we go as we continue to plan this wonderful experience.... sharing heart, hearth, and home around a great book and a cup of tea!
Well, it is a couple or hours later... and I have been working diligently in the dining room... things are shaping up nicely..
I decided to layer the cloths for a richer old English look... and to incorporate my blue and white accented with yellow theme.
One of teapots I will be using is Daffodil, by Windsor...some of my transferware will be
Wedgewood, Countryside
Royal Warwick, Lochs of Scotland, Loch Duick
Wedgewood, Romantic England Collection, Willy Lotte's Cottage
A lovely floral made in England but I have no idea the pattern...
I made my first purchase on Etsy last month for the beautiful teapot sugar and creamer made in USA by Taylor Smith Taylor, but alas, the teapot is so stained even a great vinegar soak didnt help it much.... but the other two pieces are pristine
the teapot does make a nice flowerpot after all.
I didnt see a pattern name on these... if anyone knows Id love to know, too
paper napkins will work well this time
The hutch is ready for spring as well as a bit of St. Patrick's
The Bluebird Angel is under cloche
the walls are decked out with blue and white radiance The Little Blue Teapot my mom and dad made in their crafting days found a home on the sideboard..love that!
as well as my great grandmothers' hobnail and blue cut glass urns are ready for fresh daffodils from my yard when the appointed time arrives!
I am sharing on Seasonal Sundays..
looks wonderful! i know you'll have a lovely afternoon with your sisters. love your chalkboard! very chic!!!
ReplyDeletelove you,
a
Looks like you are ready for a lovely tea time. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLove this table and the blue and white dishes are wonderful. I'm sure you will be serving Turkish delight!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely table. The blue and white is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteGreat to have you at Seasonal Sundays.
- The Tablescaper
Your blue and white is gorgeous and your theme inspired by CS Lewis sounds wonderful. I so enjoy his writings too. Blue hydrangeas are such delightful blooms. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea. Have a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
Looks like great fun and I know they will love it all with those pretty transferware dishes. So glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea.
ReplyDeleteYour Book Chat tea is coming along nicely. It is going to be wonderful. I love blue and white ... very welcoming. Happy Tea Day!
ReplyDeleteI have a Jane Austen book club, and your setup is just lovely. Something about a good book and tea! I have a rubber stamp with the quote you listed. It is perfect for all us tea and book lovers. Such a spring like feel to your table you created!
ReplyDeleteYour special upcoming tea is shaping up nicely and it will be fun to see photos afterwards.
ReplyDeleteHi: I just have to say your cups are stunning. Love all the blue. My favorite is the Hobnob from your Grandmother. How very precious to own them. Sending hugs your way. Martha
ReplyDeleteA book chat is such a lovely idea! I can't wait to check in with you in the future and see more. The hydrangeas are lovely and so perfect with the blue and white. I'm completely in love with the little hobnail creamer though. I love hobnail to pieces. Hope your week is shaping up nicely. :)
ReplyDeleteSeeing your blue and white always thrills me. It looks so fresh and cheery. I think I love all the patterns you have, I couldn't pick a favorite.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Terri
You have certainly created a wonderful atmosphere! Very cheery and inviting!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I just love blue and white. You've done a marvelous job making everything so inviting!
ReplyDeleteRuth