Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Today has been fairly mild with temps in the low 80's. The humidity seems to be on the rise.
There isnt a cloud in the sky considering this morning was very cloudy!
One of my simple pleasures:
Kicking back with a cup of tea and good book in my secret place.
On my bedside table:
My Love Affair with England, A Traveller's Memoir by Susan Allen Toth

On my TV:
Anything from Home and Garden or Food Network, little else.
On the menu for tonight:
Beef Stew and salad
On my To Do List:
Laundry,Sweep, Dust, and Mop the floors
New Recipe I tried last week:
A delectable recipe from Marie's English Kitchen
Lemon Mousse which would be so tasty for a tea party. I think it is well past time to plan one!
In the craft basket:
makings for new occassional cards and the latest card making magazines.
Looking forward to:
Going to Floyd tomorrow with the girls for a gardening excursion and luncheon!
Homemaking Tip for this week:
To make basic vinaigrette salad dressing use 1 part white distilled vinegar to 4 parts oil.
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
My visit this morning with Becky of Holiday in the Sun blessed my socks off.
Favorite photo from last week:
Photobucket
I love that I can look right outside my studio window and see this beautiful steeple. It points my spirit right up to heaven everytime.
Lesson learned the past few days:
PRAYER: "Lord, I thank you that because you are thinking about me all the time, I don't have to waste my time thinking about myself. I trust you to care for me and for my family. I yield my mind to you for the important things you want to say to me. Amen."
AFFIRMATION: I am finished with fretting and regretting. I am now receiving and believing!
On my Prayer List:
My husband, parents, daughter and son-in-law, church, and nation
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
You will decree a thing and it will be established for you and light will shine on your ways (Job 22:28 NASB).
Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach; good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest. Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit—you choose (Proverbs 18:20-22 Message Bible)
Click here for more!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture :)

    Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gal! So glad to be a part of your day! I have struggled since waking yesterday, and knew I just had to "choose joy"!! Everytime it is a conscious decision, God blesses it! How can we stay down when we have such an incredible heavenly Father?

    Let's pray for each other, ok? You are already on my list, but I think it is good to be specific!

    Love to you , my friend! Loved this post and the prayer and affirmation!! I have a post on "fretting" that I will put up soon! Two little phrases that help me: JUST TRUST, and
    CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THE BEST.

    (((BIG HUGS)))
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. I love the photo of the church. How lucky you are to see it everyday.
    Have a Blessed week.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your steeple in the sky too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn,

    What a beautiful picture.

    Our summer has been mild so far. Not too much humidity.

    Blessings,

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the message in your lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came by way of Sandra's. Enjoyed your Homemaker Monday. I see you know my mama too...Dot from Strolling thru Georgia. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isa.40:31
    I and my husbands favorite scripture.
    You are so right about our words...I'll choose fruit:)
    Have a blessed day,thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~