Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Amanda's Birthday on Sunday

Yesterday was Amanda's birthday and the great news was that Lynn and I along with my parents got to celebrate it with her in person on Sunday. even though we had to choose a place somewhere in the middle... we were able to carve out a very happy time together!
Photobucket
Just as we arrived and were getting mom settled I looked up and Amanda and Joshua were coming through the door. Of course, we had only driven a couple of hours, they had flown to Richmond for the weekend and had driven up to Charlottesville to meet us for dinner. But to just see her was almost surreal.. I see her so much in virtual reality in funny like facebook depictions which actully do make the separation at least bearable, but there she came... in reality... and our hearts skipped a beat. Mothers of only children are bound to know exactly what I mean... not to say that other moms dont... but it was just so good to see them both!
Photobucket
At 24 Amanda has accomplished so much.... graduated with her master's, married and living in the outskirts of a huge metropolitan center as an assistant research scientist for a major biological company. All that as well as a concert violinist and acomplished pianist! A lovely
Christian young woman to boot! God has blessed our family mightily!
Pop Pop and MamaJean certainly agree!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It thrills a mother's heart to see her daughter so very happily in love and settled in her new life with her wonderful, handsome husband!
Photobucket
But this one also just blesses my heart... daughter with her dad!
Photobucket
All too soon our celebration was over and we were driving home with full hearts and wonderful memories!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got a chance to be with her on her birthday. It's hard when our children move far from us. Even though we know in our hearts that we have to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Mom- glad you took so many! :)

    Love you!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you were able to spend your daughter's birthday together!! Loved seeing all the pictures. You have a pretty special daughter there! But then again, you already knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Carolyn, This just touched my heart so much, because I am delighted that you got to spend time with Amanda. I am crying because I have a real sense of how much you have missed her, and I share in the joy you had seeing her. I'm delighted that God blessed you with this birthday visit. He is so good!

    The photos are all great!!

    Love and hugs to you, sweetie!
    Thank you so much for sharing your special time! Just precious!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just now catching up on some Blog Hopping to see others posts. You have a great site and I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    I am hosting "5 Things Friday" on my blog at http://jeanstockdale.typepad.com and I hope you will stop by and play along. I write to encourage MOMS in the fine art of Christian mothering. Such an awesome privilege, such a tough job! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~