Monday, July 27, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday

Photobucket
Whew! I am so happy to be able to at last share in this fantastic meme! I have been chompin' at the bit to have something to morph! At last, we have accomplished an improvement that I am just tickled pink to share! I failed to produce adequate before photos... suffice it to say our kitchen floor has needed updating for some time. The sunroom floor was still fashionable and serviceable, but the new change is so welcome! Of course, to begin such an undertaking one must just accept the fact that the house will be turned up end!
Photobucket
Furniture from the sunroom, kitchen and hall were moved into every available space. This required hutches and cabinets to be unloaded and and decisions to be made regarding what to keep, throw out and donate. YAYA! At last a reason to downsize!And YAYA! praise the Lord for such a true blue friend as Dottie who came over and helped me more all this stuff!
Photobucket
Even at that the dining table was laden with the keepers.
Then the day came to begin the process of preparation and application.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Now the sunroom hosts this lovely new surface
Photobucket
The kitchen not only has a marvelous new floor, but the need for added cabinets has been reduced by moving the hutch to that wall.
Photobucket
I love the new arrangement! And I have new impetus to continue downsizing and sorting out more stuff to take to the Discovery shop in a few weeks!
For more projects click here!
PS Just for Amanda who wants to know the changes around the house here are additional photos:
The hall now sports the halltree instead of the bookcase which really opens the space~
Photobucket
And now that the halltree is out of the livingroom it seems less cluttered! Dear REL has a home now!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful job. I wish I could do something like this.

    Abraham Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floor looks stunning! Wow, what a LOT of work in your metamorphosis. But well worth it -- it's just beautiful.

    BTW love the pups ... do you have a Toller? My husband wants one!

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is a lot of work but well worth the effort!

    My knees hurt just by looking at all the time spent on them.

    Great result!!

    TTFN~~ Claudia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty ! I bet you feel great now ! So nice to have such a lovely space !
    Thanks for sharing !
    Hugs ~
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformation! How wonderful to have more elbow room! Your halltree...is that Pulaski? I've had my Pulaski for over 15 years. The Honey Oak finish as turned golden. Did you paint yours?

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schotzy, you have such a beautiful home. I always love seeing photos of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome! How excited you must be! You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the hall picture-- looks great! Need more pics of the sunroom and your studio with the new table -- good incentive to keep it cleaned off, eh? ;>)

    Proud of you for clearing out some stuff!!!

    Love,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wait was worth it - and what a great job on the floor! I smiled when I saw the crammed in furniture while you were clearing the space. It is always such a tornado effect when you are renovating, isn't it, but it is great to get things back in order even better than before.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~