Monday, July 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
For Today...July 13, 2009
Outside my window...
the sun is lazy and doesnt seem to want to start the new week...
I am thinking...
it is a good week to start First Place, a new way of living!
I am thankful for...
my family and my church. Praise the Lord, for them Father, and keep them both in the palm of your hand!
From the kitchen...
no special plans as of yet!
I am wearing...
my khaki pants and and touquoise tee
I am reading...
Miss Julia Plans a Wedding by Ann Ross
I am hoping...
have some serious time for Bible study this week.
I am praying...
for our prayer room at church to continue to come together.
the organization of the prayer room
Around the house...
Ironing, dusting, general pickup, basically!
These things are never ending!
One of my favorite things...
taking photos with my new camera I got for my birthday!
Plans for the rest of the week...
Monday: allergy shot this morning then meet dottie and Gerri to discus chapter one of First Place, a new life changing Bible study.
Tuesday: meet the girls and drive to Botetourt county for a little antiquing and luncheon at a famous tearoom.... meet with my emmaus group in the evening.
Wednesday: Bible Study, with a breakfast out to celebrate dad's 90th birthday, church fellowship dinner, and prayer meeting
Thursday: take dad to the DMV to get an ID card
Friday: work like a one armed paper hanger moving furniture out of 2 rooms to prepare for new floors on Monday! Yippee!!!
Saturday:- Take mom and dad to a family reunion in Galax
Here is a picture I'd like to share with you...
On Friday my sweet momma made breakfast and invited me over for a soiree on her patio!
Photobucket
We had a grand and glorious time... just like old times!
Photobucket
Dad had worked hard to make things look so nice!
Photobucket
Mr. Bluebird entertained us over our scrambled eggs and bacon!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Carolyn...90 years old?? What a blessing for your family!! Your day in Bototourt sounds enviable indeed!! Hope you have great time!!

    We are preparing for vacation!! YAY!! The mountains await!! Our cottage has a beautiful deck overlooking the lake where I will spend my early mornings reading the Word, sipping coffee, and watching and listening to the mountains greet a new day!! Such anticipation!!

    Have a great week, my friend!
    Love ya,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my; what a lovely post. I so enjoyed reading it. Love the photos of your sweet parents, such a pretty spot to eat out side.. have a great week.
    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. your Mr.blue bird is so much smaller than ours,also our blue bird is all blue with black fringes, here in MB Canada...very interesting:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~