Monday, August 10, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
For Today...
August 9, 2009
Outside my window...
a scorcher day is developing. High temps with high humidity will keep me in the house most of this day! There is no need to change what I wrote last week. Hopefully, the temps will moderate tomorrow! I hate August heat and humidity!!!
I am thinking...
man, this summer really is going by fast....
before you know it I will be dreading the sub call from school! Yikes!!!!
I am thankful for...
my dear husband who takes such good care of me, our home, and is growing in his relationship with the Lord!
From the kitchen...
now that I have figured out that my digeastive problem... I know that I need to eat the right kinds of fiber... too much fresh fruit and veggies can get things all astir!!! So it is bran and oatmeal for me for a while.
I am wearing...
my light green sleeveless polo and black bermuda shorts
I am reading...
Georgette Heyer's, The Nonesuch
Th Book of Joel, The Psalms

I am hoping...
to get our bed and breakfast plans and reservations completed this week, yikes, again... if we don't we'll be staying in a Hampton Inn on our way north!
I am praying...
for the leadership of our church, the pastoral search committee and our prayer room to be operational in a week or so!
Also, that my digestive system will find real balance this week. I've been off-balance now for long enough!!!
Around the house...
The living room needs to be reconfigured... I need to move somethings around.. time for some change in there!
One of my favorite things...
a great old movie... I bought some new dvd's of old movies... cant wait to see them! I may have to hogtie Lynn, but that sounds like fun, as well. AS soon as I mentioned it to him yesterday he brought out The Longest Day and Victory at Sea dvd's.... uh, not exactly what I was talking about!
Plans for the rest of the week...
Monday: Clean house and catch up on laundry.. or try at least.. definitely dont want to go anywhere... too hot!!!
Tuesday: Go with Lynn early to get the oil changed and have breakfast out. HEEHEE love that... then take my parents to the doctor.
Wednesday: Ageless Bible Study(breakfast meeting), fellowship dinner and Bible study
Thursday: Senior Adult bustrip to Charlottesville to tour Monticello, Ash Lawn, and eat at Michie Tavern.
Friday: allergy shot, do some visiting
Saturday: Morning prayer meeting
Here are a few pictures I'd like to share with you...
Photobucket
You probably won't see too many fotos of me on here, I am very camera shy myself, but I do love this foto taken when we celebrated Amanda's birthday in Charlottesville. See how cute my son in law is!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    Glad you got to the bottom of your digestive issue. That can be such a drag!

    Sounds like all is well with you, and that you are busy with trip prep!
    I'll be praying for all of the details! Love the photo you posted!! It is great to see your happy face!!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Love and hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I think he looks funny in the picture. Galax tilt?

    Love you and hope you're continuing to feel better. Let's chat over the phone before you make your final reservations (exciting!) just so maybe I can give you some pointers on where and we can talk timeframe.

    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find your blog...It is such a beautiful design....will be back to read more often....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~