Monday, August 3, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
For Today...
August 3, 2009
Outside my window...
a scorcher day is developing. High temps with high humidity will keep me in the house most of this day!
I am thinking...
how blessed we are to have air conditioning and we should not take it for granted!
I am thankful for...
that God is in his heaven and is in complete control of all things!
From the kitchen...
I actually need to thaw somthing from the freezer... probably pork chops! HMMM, I hadnt given that any thought until this moment. I'll have to check in with my friend Marie and see what she offers in the way of a savory recipe for pork!
I am wearing...
my cool green tee shirt, with lightweight green capris
I am reading...
The Crossroads by Beverly Lewis
Th Book of Joel, The Psalms
I am hoping...
to get motivated to do some real house cleaning today... better get started soon!

I am praying...
for several folks in our church who have cancer.
Around the house...
Taking it one room at a time to give a thorough cleaning and sprucing up. Things need a general cleaning after the renovations of last week.
One of my favorite things...
planning things... my trouble is in implementaion
Plans for the rest of the week...
Monday: Clean house and catch up on laundry
Tuesday: Attend a study on prophecy
Wednesday: Ageless Bible Study(breakfast meeting), fellowship dinner and Bible study
Thursday: Day out with the girls.. undecided what we'll do perhaps go to Lynchburg, ot go blueberry pickin or just take a nice walk and stop off for coffee
Friday: allergy shot, bone density check
Here are a few pictures I'd like to share with you...

Last week I was priveleged to get together with a group of ladies I actually never thought I'd be reconnecting with. Through Facebook several of my old friends and acquaintance from high school have renewed friendship. Actually we have gotten friendly as we are neighbors on the game Farm Town which is so addicting we all admit to having spent a portion of our day planting sowing and reaping. We all have neighboring "farms" and enjoy our virtual visits! So last week we decided to get together for real for dinner! It was wonderful!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So much fun to catch up in our lives. Some of these ladies have stayed close all these years, but for me it had been 40 years!!!


Even though the Simple Woman, Peggy, has taken a vacation form hosting this theme for the summer I still enjoy journalling.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love facebook! I have been able to get in touch with several old school chums on there myself! So glad that you were able to check my page and find something to do with pork just when you needed it! Isn't that a co-incidence! Loved your daybook as always!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~