Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

Photobucket

Well, I havent posted on this theme for a while, but just had to share about my dinner last night. I had thawed 2 pork chops and was looking on Marie's blog for a great recipe and she just happened to post a pork chop recipe yesterday! But I didnt have all the ingredients so I improvised and we had a marvelous meal.... I'll call it....
Carolyn's Pork Chop Special
2 pork chops
2T olive oil
a knob of butter??? whatever that is... I used about 2 T of butter
salt, pepper to taste
I have a packet of fine herbs from provence including rosemary, thyme, savory, basil which I sprinkled on the meat to season it
In a skillet
sear the seasoned chops on both sides until golden brown then remove from skillet
1 red onion chopped
1 carrot sliced
1 red pepper in strips
250 ml size good chicken stock
I use those small cartons from Fresh Market
Place veggies in the skillet drippings and saute them being sure to scrape all the "goodie "off the bottom. Place the chops on top of the veggies and if too dry, add a tad more butter or oil.
Add the chicken stock and cover .Turn heat down to low and just let it simmer for about 20 minutes and the stock will cook down by half and thicken..
Meanwhile...
2 golden potatoes
quarter and parboil potatoes. When all is done, plate the potatoes,
remove the chops to a cutting board and cut it from the bone and slice it into thin strips. With a slotted spoon, dish out the veggies onto the potatoes and allow the delicious juice to permeate the whole. Place the chop slices on top and serve with some delicious bread to sop up that savory juice. This is so great and the meat is really tender!!!!
Note: This would have been wonderful with mushrooms added in with the veggies, but alas, I didnt have any! I do now! Cause I'm making this again and again!!
I reserved the pan drippings as there was some liquid after all the veggies were removed. I cant wait to cook some rice tonight in that yummy leftover rue tonight!
You'll find much more at Blessed with Grace.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Wish I had some for dinner tonight!

    Love you!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Thanks for linking up today and sharing your yummy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds totally tasty Schotzy!! Yummo!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~