Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Mantel for Holy Week


I love to   decorate the   mantel   seasonally....  and    Resurrection  season   is   a favorite  time...
 The glory of   this  celebration is   the resurrection of   our   Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ....
so  to me it is  important to   incorporate    worship  in my life in everyway...   I   love  to sing this song  each  Resurrection Sunday


Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!

 Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
 Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
 Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!  
Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia! 
 Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia! 
 Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
 Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia! 



Or   just in case     the book  seems to  want to topple, which   it  may  in the night and I wouldnt be too happy.....
 I still   can focus of   the  cross

Jesus, keep me near the Cross;
There a precious fountain,
Free to all -- a healing stream --
Flows from Calvary's mountain.
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever,
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.


A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

Table Top Tuesday@  A Stroll Thru Life

4 comments:

  1. HI Schotzy! Oh, this is just beautiful! I love your floral with the cross on it. Happy Easter to you and your family.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is inspiring me to go pick some wildflowers for the kitchen table! :) I'm so excited for Easter this weekend! May you have a blessed one Schotzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We played Christ the Lord is Risen today this morning-- with the whole orchestra + organ. It was wonderful! A bit of Heaven on Earth :)

    love you and talk soon,
    a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you, our daughter and son-in-law, have started playing in the orchestra again... Life does get so hectic, but playing your violins is something that replenishes your spirit and is such a blessing to others... Beside, Boston needs all the blessing it can attain to!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~