Friday, March 8, 2013

Let's Celebrate


Lavender Garden Cottage
I just discovered Lavender Garden Cottage and discovered a kindred spirit....   I  too,  am thinking spring today....   with daylight savings  time   coming  just around the corner,  and  the  milder  turn  in the weather, I awakened this morning  with a  lilt in my spirit and    decided to celebrate a bit!
One thing I have to celebrate  is that I am  keeping up with my daily Bible reading....   heretofore, I invariably    gave up mid Numbers,  but this morning  I  am  reading  Numbers  27-30...
 And am  enjoying my  breakfast companion  to the extreme!
 The  anglophile that I am,  couldnt resist  celebrating  with    lovely poached eggs  and  a couple of  slices of thinly sliced English Toasting bread....  my new favorite  from the Kroger  bakery with just a  dribble of honey..

I  am using my new found  Staffordshire Bouquet  coffee cup  and saucer  found in consignment this week for  just $5.
and might I add  this  crispy toast  is just the thing  for  sopping  up  that  delicious liquid gold on a  bright  sunny  pre-spring  morning!
Continue on for more about my afternoon  tea for two!


However, Im in such a celebratory  mood  I have planned a  bit of  tea for  two  for  this afternoon...
So out comes  the tartan   cloth!
 Eager to  ,also,   use my  new  blues  purchased this week for a song! 
As well as, to  use my  lovely new planter....   alas,  I do need to  go to the  nursery  soon to   pick out the perfect  house plants, but this morning  I   am satisfying myself with  my  Christmas  cactuses    which  are  doing so well and seem to  like their new  showcase! 
 I am thinking  a  bit  of  fresh baked  muffins  with  a  taste of  green tea,  whether,  hot or iced cold....  to celebrate this    gorgeous  day.
I love using  the various colored  transferware  as  colorful accents around the room....  
So  what's   for tea today....
Williams  Sonoma's  Carrot  Muffins

To use this muffin batter for making a carrot cake, butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan, pour in the batter and bake as directed for the muffins, but increase the baking time to 45 to 50 minutes. Let the cake cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, then turn it out and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting or vanilla buttercream.
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 eggs
2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk or sour cream
6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 large carrots, peeled and finely shredded (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup raisins, dried currants or golden raisins (optional)
Directions:
Prepare the muffin pan
Preheat an oven to 425°F. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.

Mix the batter
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar until blended. Whisk in the buttermilk and butter. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir just until evenly moistened. Fold in the carrots and raisins just until evenly distributed.

Bake the muffins
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them three-fourths full. Bake until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 2 minutes, then turn the muffins out onto the rack. Let cool briefly and serve. Makes 12 muffins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~